Another Newbie

Well don't be shy let us know about yourselves

Moderator: Miggs

Fitz
DDK above all

Another Newbie

Post by Fitz »

Hi All, I've just driven three and a half hours back from North Yorkshire to Essex with my new purchase; Dave Lever's 1965 RHD 912 GUF 873D. Dave has been a complete gentleman throughout the sale of his beloved car and he prepared it beautifully to ensure my first drive was a pleasent one.

If you're reading this, Dave, she ran exactly the way you said she would - perfectly! I even received an offer for the car when I filled up with petrol, although the offer was only to swap it for a Ford Focus! LOL. I politely declined, of course.

I am now looking forward to many thousands of miles of entirely trouble free motoring... am I expecting a little too much? Heh Heh!

Anthony.
Anthony.

'66 RHD 912
hot66

Post by hot66 »

welcome to DDK :)

You've got a nice original 912 there. It'll be great to see it out on some of the DDK runs.
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
Helen
Events Organiser

Post by Helen »

fantastic, to see its gone to a good home.

hope to see you/it out and about
member#1182
Currently Porscheless but on the look out for my 30th
Fitz
DDK above all

Post by Fitz »

Thanks for the welcome, I'm delighted to finally have finally bought a Porsche and am loving every minute. I still haven't stopped smiling.

People keep avoiding me, they think i'm a nutter! :lol:

And now for the first of what i'm sure will be a million questions:-

Do the Essex group still meet up regularly? I've seen a few threads regarding meets last year but I haven't seen any lately.

Anthony
Anthony.

'66 RHD 912
defianty
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by defianty »

Fitz wrote:Do the Essex group still meet up regularly? I've seen a few threads regarding meets last year but I haven't seen any lately.
Hi Anthony, welcome to DDK and Porsche ownership. There's not been an Essex Boys meet for a few months now although I'm not sure why. I think Simon has probably been busy recently. I've started travelling a little further on to the Herts meet now, but at the last meet there was only Rich (abzadams) and myself there and no Porsches :oops: The weather was horrendous though, so it wasn't really surprising.

Rich and I did discuss moving the location around the M25 a little to try and make it feasible for a few more DDKers to attend. I'll mention this again to Rich, watch this space :lol:
Stephen

1973 914 3.0 GT Build Progress
1974 TR6

914 Rear Alignment Shims
East Coast Dave
Married to the DDK

Post by East Coast Dave »

Hi Anthony - a belated welcome to DDK.

I'm another 912 owner, & Essex Boy. Whereabouts are you? Would be good to convoy to the next local(ish) meet.

You still going to Action? Might be heading that way in my splitty. The 912 is waiting on the arrival of an oil hose that went after the fitting worked a little loose and the pipe rested on the exhaust for a little too long!
"Let's be careful out there"

SOLD:
1968 LHD 912 targa
& some veedubs
(to pay for growing family - and house!)
Fitz
DDK above all

Post by Fitz »

Hi East Coast Dave (I don't know you well enough to call you East) :)

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm in the picturesque rural idyll of Saffron Walden - voted the most desirable place to live in the entire country a couple of years ago...presumably voted for by people who don't live here!

Yes, I'm still going to VW Action, but only on saturday as sunday looks a bit crap weather-wise. If you go, will you be coming by this way on your way there?

It would be good to meet you as I have a great essex girl joke but it is a little rude for publication!
Anthony.

'66 RHD 912
Del
DDK forever

Post by Del »

welcome. keep the pics coming. would be nice to see it. sounds lovely
Highlander
DDK Fanatic

Essex BoyZ!!!

Post by Highlander »

Sorry for the thread hijack but think a meet up would be great!!!! Being a part time Essex boy (Ongar) i thought id say hi as i have searched the M25, A12, A414 and not to mention countless other B roads for signs of the lesser spotted 912 in all its various guises!!..... But not seen any early 12's yet, only a Gorgeous Gold 1970 - 911s in Romford a few weeks back, we sat side by side in traffic which was driven by an asian gentleman who was just as surprised as me to see another early car, but we acknowledged each other by a wave and a toot of the horn.

So its refreshing to know...... I am not alone out there in Essex lol. I own a white all original spec 1969 912 which was imported only last month so i may have been seen (mildly blasting around essex.....?) also i can vouch for the smile that creeps on to your face every time you get behind the wheel, all this is enforced by all the positive thumbs up i get from modern car drivers including drivers of the modern watercooled porsches. I was recently stopped by a owner of a late 90's 911 in billericay, who chatted for about an hour so its all good fun and i also got the " do ya wanna swap" comment from a porsche boxter owner in Epping lol.. I can say i have not had any bad comments or sneers from anyone its all been positive and of course the chicks dig the car too.. even if it seems some are not sure what kind of car it is when im driving past lol.

Enjoy!!!!
Fitz
DDK above all

Post by Fitz »

Greetings Highlander. (to be read in a Sean Connery accent).

I'm all for thread hijacking if it leads to a meet up! I'm away for the next couple of weeks up in Bootsy territory - Wroxham, to be precise but not going up in the '12 though.

If you (and anyone else local) are up for a meet after that I'll definitely be up for it. I thought I might make the pilgrimage to the fairmile in October to join in the DDK 5th birthday celebrations :occasion7:.

I look forward to meeting you sometime soon.
Anthony.

'66 RHD 912