An old Porsche fan from West Sussex

Well don't be shy let us know about yourselves

Moderator: Miggs

Ignatzcatz
I luv DDK!

An old Porsche fan from West Sussex

Post by Ignatzcatz »

Hi all, I found DDK scanning the web looking for info on the 356. I started my Porsche life with a 924 then a 944 which cost 8K so you know how long ago that was, then, naturally, the 911's. First an SC cabriolet, then a Carrera cabriolet and then a '89 Carrera coupe which was fully optioned, a real beaut. I outed the last 911 and started looking for a 356. I now run a Ford F150 pickup as a parts chaser and everyday wheels. I finally found the 356 I wanted. Its been part stripped for a restoration and the attraction to this car was that I could start from scratch and build it my way and attend to all the parts of restoration. I will be making a few modifications to it along the way and hopefully I will post these here to give 356 owners some views on the build up.
Porsche 356B T6 (modified), Porsche Macan Turbo , Porsche SSE, Dax 289 Cobra, Buell S2 Thunderbolt, Honda ST 70/125, Harley Davidson custom evo softail
Helen
Events Organiser

Post by Helen »

hi, welcome to DDK,

i havejust finished a 2 year restoration of a 356C and am now hooked. looking for my next project. (an outlaw/custom 356)

DDK has a restoraton section it would be geat if you would start a thread telling us about your restoration. 8)
member#1182
Currently Porscheless but on the look out for my 30th
Hendrik Moulds
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Hendrik Moulds »

As Helen says, welcome to DDK.
Would love to see some pictures of your project, which 356 model is it?
(Formally 356ist)
Membership #: 356!
1953 Cabriolet
1959 Coupe (Sold)
1961 Notchback
1961 Sunroof Coupe (Sold)
1962 Coupe (Gone, but not forgotten!)
ALL RHD OF COURSE!
cubist
The Fenland Feltcher

Post by cubist »

Welcome! More pics of 356 always needed :wink:
C U B I S T - 1 1 1 5

'83 Triumph Acclaim - 3sp Auto (cat D)
Singer 3232 - Titanium bobbin, Autothread
'67 Gresham Flyer - Puncture, rear
Sherbet Lemons - 4oz, loose
Motorola - PG 2000, locked
Ignatzcatz
I luv DDK!

The restoration

Post by Ignatzcatz »

Hi Helen, 356ist and Cubist, thanks for the greets, my old boat is a left hook B T6. To date I have welded up a dolly so I can move the car around and have pulled everything off it excluding the loom and have just finished stripping off all the tar mat, sound insulation and underseal which was hiding a fair bit of rust. I have to attend to floor pans, both rear seat bases fuel tank floor and the fuel tank itself plus it needs a complete front end and nearside wing. I have already purchased the front from Karmann Connection and I have 911 headlight buckets as I will be fitting 911 light units. Anyways I hope to put together a report on progress which hopefully will be of some interest but also keep me struggling on. I also hope to put some pics on the site but spanners I'm good, computers, not so good but I shall be using the guideline info to upload so here's hoping.
Greasily yours.
Porsche 356B T6 (modified), Porsche Macan Turbo , Porsche SSE, Dax 289 Cobra, Buell S2 Thunderbolt, Honda ST 70/125, Harley Davidson custom evo softail
Ignatzcatz
I luv DDK!

The restoration

Post by Ignatzcatz »

Just to add the reason I am posting messages at 6 o'clock on a Sunday is not that I am computer nerd, I am in fact at work, airlines never sleep you know, why can't you all go on holiday Monday to Friday.