Bremtek Calipers

For classic Porsche 911 content

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Barry, Viv_Surby, Derek, Mike Usiskin

mrg3.6
DDK rules my life!

Bremtek Calipers

Post by mrg3.6 »

I am presently importing a 72 911T which is equipped with a set of Bremtek (4) piston calipers (c/w carbon pads?).

Is anyone familiar with these calipers which apparently are no longer in production and would I be wise to replace them with the set of 930 calipers that I presently have parked in the loft?

Thx

Martin
911SC 3.6
911t RSR Replica (pending)
carsten
DDK Fanatic

Post by carsten »

Yea.. they are the worlds greatest calipers and stop you quicker than an unlit skip.. and you should sell me your 930 brakes as you wont need them

:P
Something is idiot proof until a new and improved idiot comes along
johndglynn
DDK forever

Post by johndglynn »

Make no decisions until the car is here and you can see the quality of the fit and the clamping force of the caliper. No idea what carbon pads are, but perhaps they will find a new home in Carsten's unlit skip ;)
mrg3.6
DDK rules my life!

Post by mrg3.6 »

johndglynn wrote:Make no decisions until the car is here and you can see the quality of the fit and the clamping force of the caliper. No idea what carbon pads are, but perhaps they will find a new home in Carsten's unlit skip ;)

Don't worry I also have a set of SC calipers which will be more than adequate for Carsten's needs. :)
mrg3.6
DDK rules my life!

Post by mrg3.6 »

Someone over on Pelican has just spotted a 'brand new' set of Bremtek 911/914 calipers for sale on Ebay over in New Zealand:

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/merchant/we ... omZQQ_ipgZ

If you can stand the pad rattle (which disappears when hot / on the track) these are superb calipers and will fit under a 15" wheel - I'm keeping my own set for a future project.

Martin