Stuff you can do soon!

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

anglophone1
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Re: Stuff you can do soon!

Post by anglophone1 »

This will happen lots Angus- at least you don’t have to worry about fitting in Classic Le Mans any more!
Clive
West Cork, Ireland

RGruppe #814
1978 SC/1984 3.2 Outlaw -Jaffa 911
1973 914 - on Webers - historic rally car- Tango 914
1977 924 2.0 on Webers street legal race car - Martini 924
Flachbau -in progress
Ollie
DDK forever

Post by Ollie »

Sunday booked... looking forward to getting out!
anglophone1

Post by anglophone1 »

I have also booked retro parking - why not - it’s free ( not often you hear that at Goodwood!)
Clive
West Cork, Ireland

RGruppe #814
Flachbau -in progress
Ollie
DDK forever

Post by Ollie »

I've just spotted that on Sunday there is an option of a Club Display... would this be worthwhile so we can all park together?
Sam
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Sam »

I’ve booked Sunday too. Didn’t spot how to do retro parking. :(

A club display is an excellent idea.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
KS

Post by KS »

Sam wrote:I’ve booked Sunday too. Didn’t spot how to do retro parking. :(

A club display is an excellent idea.
http://www.retroridesweekender.com/disp ... gform.html
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
Ollie
DDK forever

Post by Ollie »

I don’t mind organising the club display for Sunday being the one that suggested it... who do we have?

Ralph +2
KS
Anglophone1

Anyone else? Is 8 cars a safe estimate for now?
anglophone1

Post by anglophone1 »

Have booked retro parking for 914 and/ or display parking for Jaffa 911 depending on what I bring- long way off yet!
Clive
West Cork, Ireland

RGruppe #814
Flachbau -in progress
SeanP
I luv DDK!

Post by SeanP »

I already booked for Sunday
Up for parking in a club display

Sean
1966 912
1969 912/6 hotish rod in build
1974 914 Dead
LI 125 Lambretta (Yeah right it’s a 125)
Mini Cooper s
Sam

Post by Sam »

Club parking list:

1. Ralph +2
2. KS
3. Anglophone1
4. SeanP
5. Sam
6. Sam’s friend Grumpy Steve
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
Ollie
DDK forever

Post by Ollie »

Ok... I've booked the club display. Will update once I have more info.
Ralph
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Ralph »

Ollie wrote:Ok... I've booked the club display. Will update once I have more info.
That's good.

Hopefully the retro boys won't think that we're a bunch of Porsche driving twats..............
Ralph
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Ralph »

Update received:

Just wanted to make sure everyone had a quick update about where we are with the display space at Weekender. Everyone booked in for Retro Parking/Display has a spot, it isn't an application exactly. So if you are only wondering about your Retro Parking spot, you are good and definitely have one. Also anyone applying for space within the themed display paddocks will get a space in the retro parking areas if for whatever reason you don't end up with a paddock spot. At the bottom of the email I'll explain what the difference between the paddocks and retro parking is, for those that haven't been before.

Our three themed paddock displays this year are Acceptable in the 80's, Stock Vs. Custom and Dead line (new builds). Each paddock can fit about thirty cars, although we like to keep it to a couple less than that to make sure that there is space to get good photographs of the cars. So far every paddock has had more than thirty cars apply, and for the most part they have all been what we were looking for, no easy decisions for us this time round.

Our plan is to keep applications open for a while longer, but start making a first cut of choices next week, likely the first fifteen for each paddock. We try and make sure we have a spread of makes and models that represent the whole of what we do, so if you aren't in the first cut it may well be because we have a number of the same make or model to consider a bit more closely, it isn't because you aren't awesome, you most probably are. A reasonable number of the entries can actually fit in a different paddock to the one they applied for, so we will consider this too when making decisions.

Given the quality and quantity of cars applying I believe we can produce another nice display of cars, under a different theme (even if it is just "stuff David likes") to go in our grandstand area. So you may be asked if you would like to go there as an alternative.

Thank you for your patience with this process. We're putting together the event on a much shortened time scale and we've had a huge response already, so we're both running to keep up and hugely excited in equal measure.

We'll be back in touch soon. In the mean time tell your friends, our website : http://www.retroridesweekender.com and you can make a little I'm Going graphic by uploading an image here : http://retroridesweekender.com/rrwimgoing.html (if it doesn't work, email us a picture and we'll send one back) to share on whatever platforms you use. You can find us on instagram under both @retroridesofficial and @retroridesgathering

Thank you,

-David

Retro Rides

Difference between Retro Parking/Display and Paddock Displays
We've had a few questions about retro parking and if it is part of the show, if you are new to our events I understand it can be confusing. Goodwood has two main areas for us to display cars, the three wooden paddocks in the middle of the circuit (and the bits surrounding them), or the gravel and tarmac areas on the outside of the circuit. It also then has car parks in the fields on the other side of the road to the track. We use the three wooden paddocks for our Paddock Displays, we use the grandstand area for another display (currently un-titled) and then the area outside the Goodwood Garages for a highlight display, this year our Supercar display is there. There are other small areas where we scatter specific displays around the site as well.

On the Saturday we park up every non Paddock area car in the gravel and tarmac areas, in the order that they arrive, creating a nice melting pot of cars. This is our Retro Parking (it is called this as we used to pull in every retro car going past the event to park there instead of the car park, but for Goodwood now days it is pre-booked so we can manage space). On the Sunday the gravel and tarmac areas are turned over to the club displays, the Retro Parking is moved to the track.

Hopefully that makes sense to everyone.

Before anyone asks, track time will become available at the end of April, Saturday is a full track sprint, Sunday is an Autosolo (which was very popular last time).
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Ralph wrote: Hopefully the retro boys won't think that we're a bunch of Porsche driving twats..............
No chance of that when they see all your cheeky cherub smiley faces
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Ollie
DDK forever

Post by Ollie »

Bootsy...is there a club banner that we could take?