Seems like good value for a 65 911?

A place to discuss Porsche cars (and others) for sale in the general market
964RS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Seems like good value for a 65 911?

Post by 964RS »

http://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/por ... 965/226938

Car has spent most of the last 20 years being photographed or on display here and there.

It's a nice car, in good condition and reasonably correct.

Many of us saw it on the DDK Place of Birth Tour when we went to the museum.....

It was better than the other 'MY66' car they had for the 50 year display pretending it was a 65....

Only €650,000.

Bargain :lol: :lol:

----------------------------------------------------
Jason
https://www.SweepingHand.co.uk
Rolex & Omega Watch Purchases & Sales

Codfather
Married to the DDK

Re: Seems like good value for a 65 911?

Post by Codfather »

According to the blurb in the classic driver ad, this is the most original early 911 out there.
Porsche must think it is a significant car to have it guesting in the museum, etc.
So my question is, say someone DID pay the £650k, (or even £100k) from outside Germany and bearing in mind the German system of plates , the number stays with the person, not the car, how much of the value is tied up in it having a 'good' number? In the advert it has worn Stuttgart plates with reference to 901s and 902s, would it devalue the car by registering it in the uk as a 'C' plate? Or is it not likely to see the road again in a private collection and retain the number that is currently on it for show purposes?

Just wondering! Or would anyone give a hoot what plate it ends up with?

Cheers
Dave
1979 911sc
2010 Range Rover Sport
2013 Mini D
Ian 2.2S
DDK rules my life!

Post by Ian 2.2S »

Wow Jason, those really early original cars are mega desirable
left4dead

Post by left4dead »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve

1 x '67S, 3 x 2.4S all RHD

A privilege & pleasure to have owned them all.
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Only the red ones
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
964RS

Post by 964RS »

Codfather wrote:According to the blurb in the classic driver ad, this is the most original early 911 out there.
Porsche must think it is a significant car to have it guesting in the museum, etc.
So my question is, say someone DID pay the £650k, (or even £100k) from outside Germany and bearing in mind the German system of plates , the number stays with the person, not the car, how much of the value is tied up in it having a 'good' number? In the advert it has worn Stuttgart plates with reference to 901s and 902s, would it devalue the car by registering it in the uk as a 'C' plate? Or is it not likely to see the road again in a private collection and retain the number that is currently on it for show purposes?

Just wondering! Or would anyone give a hoot what plate it ends up with?

Cheers
Dave
I'm not certain it's the most original 911 out there....

A large proportion of the premium being asked, maybe up to 200k euro, is because of it's 'display' history and photos in a couple of books and magazines.

Not sure it really adds 'that' much to the value of the actual car to be honest. It's not as if it was Butzi or a member of the Porsche family's personal car that was registered in their name, which 'may' add that sort of premium. But it is trying hard to promote that it does....the entire ad is all about where it's been on show and photographed and almost zilch about the actual car itself, so they are probably hoping it is bought by someone who thinks it does or wants to show off where there car has been?

I doubt the plates would make any difference Dave. It's obviously worn a few different ones over the years and someone paying this sort of money would probably care less what plate it wears....they'd just get their photo taken with it as of now to show its the same one they bought :)
Jason

Codfather
Married to the DDK

Post by Codfather »

964RS wrote:
I doubt the plates would make any difference Dave. It's obviously worn a few different ones over the years and someone paying this sort of money would probably care less what plate it wears....they'd just get their photo taken with it as of now to show its the same one they bought :)

I suppose it is down to whether it is an iconic car/number, but as you say if it has no family ties etc....

I know it is maybe a different scenario, and I doubt if one of these would come up for sale, but there are apparently a few identical 'McRae imprezas' wearing the same iconic number L555BAT, if I were buying the REAL one I would want to make sure I retained the number

Cheers
Dave

1979 911sc
2010 Range Rover Sport
2013 Mini D
964RS

Post by 964RS »

The iconic plate is the S-VH 901 plate it was wearing in the Porsche museum and I believe this belongs to Porsche and is not this car's plate?

It's actual plate is S-JJ 1061 as it's VIN number 1061....
Jason

hot66

Post by hot66 »

I believe in Germany the plate stays with the person rather than the car ?
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
964RS

Post by 964RS »

hot66 wrote:I believe in Germany the plate stays with the person rather than the car ?
That's what Dave said above :)
Jason

hot66

Post by hot66 »

:oops:
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
camperco
DDK rules my life!

Post by camperco »

Well in the case of L555 BAT - that plate was fitted to several cars at the same time. One would be in a plane bound for the next Asia Pacific round, one might be in a container returning from a long haul event on another continent, whilst another was being built up in the workshop for the next European WRC event. 16-18 new cars were built that year.
Angus Watt http://www.greatworthclassics.co.uk

Greatworth Classics & VW Camper Company

Its a feature - not a fault sir..
Codfather
Married to the DDK

Post by Codfather »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I thought it was maybe because there was one "real" one and the other couple were ex recce/test/customer cars sat in museums like Glasgow/Prodrive!

I dare say that was not legal, but used anyway due to the cars not being used in the UK?(as such :wink: )

Cheers
Dave
1979 911sc
2010 Range Rover Sport
2013 Mini D
RichiRich
Married to the DDK

Post by RichiRich »

Just to clarify how the German system works...

When a car is sold, if it is in the same registration town/city, the new owner can keep the current plate, providing the current owner doesn't keep the physical plate after they sell it. If the current owner does keep the physical plate after de-registration, they have about 2-3 months to register another car with that plate, or it gets returned to the "pool" for someone else to use.

If it leaves the current town/city of registration, it cannot keep the plate, no matter what, and the plate will be returned to the "pool" for someone else to use.

In short, if you want to keep a plate, it has to be registered to something - which can be a car, tractor, motorbike, trailer, caravan, etc. FYI trailers, caravans, etc all have their own number plate - it is not the same as the car towing it (like the UK). So if you really wanted to keep a plate, but didn't have a car to put it on, your best option would to be to buy a small trailer and register it.
2000 996 Turbo
Speed Yellow / Black

Ex - 2003 996 3.6 Carrera 4S
Arctic Silver / Black

Ex - 1992 964 3.3 Turbo X33 (#777)
Midnight Blue / Classic Grey
964RS

Post by 964RS »

SOLD