interested in your thoughts on this car

For all you Porsche 914 fanatics!

Moderators: drummerboytom, MdR

squirdan
DDK rules my life!

interested in your thoughts on this car

Post by squirdan »

a while back I posted up asking how hard is it to do a GT conversion. the answers led me to conclude better to find one "done"

so...what do you 914 gurus reckon to this? theres no way its $50k worth (got to $30k on ebay), but it looks very tasty...

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche- ... 4-6gt.html
Megane R26R
Discovery Sport
Defender 110
BMW R9T
Trek Superfly
but sadly no Porsches any more
ollieg
DDK slapper chatter

Re: interested in your thoughts on this car

Post by ollieg »

Hi, I think it depends if it's important to you that the chassis is from a genuine 6 and how close to 'original GT parts' you want. This car is obviously 'more authentic' (whatever that means!) than a converted 4cyl but you're paying a very heavy premium for that. If you just want the car for the pure driving pleasure then I personally would save the money and look for a well sorted 4cyl - 6cyl conversion. The original 6 will appreciate in value faster ofcourse - think it depends on your priorities.

I'm doing a 4 to 6cyl conversion now..albeit very early stages. For me, it's all about the driving and not the absolute originality - although I won't be putting an Impreza engine in it ..god forbid!

I would imagine that if you buy a car for that kind of money from the US, you'll have some pretty hefty import taxes to have to deal with too...?

Good luck...!

Ollie.
zoomiewoz
DDK above all

Re: interested in your thoughts on this car

Post by zoomiewoz »

We are also converting a 4 to a 6 its not for the faint hearted ( also making her R-H-D ) but if its driving fun you want then 6 in to 4 is the way to go.
The car looks nice but i can think of better things to spend 50K on :wink: