Insurance Valuation - Midlands

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Boxerfan
DDK above all

Insurance Valuation - Midlands

Post by Boxerfan »

Hi all,
After discovering that my previous insurers will not cover for even occasional business use I've transferred back to Peter D James, in the Black Country. The only snag is that I need an independent valuation for agreed value. Anyone had any luck in the Coventry / Warwick area with this service, if so, who with, how much did you have to pay, etc?

Cheers, Jon.

PS I've heard tell of an old Porsche meet in Meriden - anyone point me towards further details?
DDK # 0362
'72 TE - Chilled by PorscheAir!
Helen
Events Organiser

Post by Helen »

insure with hagerty and you won't have to pay out for a worthless valuation for your car.

i'm sure PTC/Autoburn will do you a valuation.
Last edited by Helen on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
member#1182
Currently Porscheless but on the look out for my 30th
Helen
Events Organiser

Re: Insurance Valuation - Midlands

Post by Helen »

Boxerfan wrote:
PS I've heard tell of an old Porsche meet in Meriden - anyone point me towards further details?

Happen when ever i can be bothered to organise it (only twice in the last year)....which i guess should be another soon.

Bulls Head (opposit shirleys Porsche garage) Meriden. watch the events section of the forum for an announcment.
Last edited by Helen on Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
member#1182
Currently Porscheless but on the look out for my 30th
Bertroex
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by Bertroex »

The impact bumper guys meet up in The Bull in Meriden. Great food, etc. Only once did DDK and IB meet up and I believe that the consensus was that it got too big?

Anyhow, how about a DDK midland meet. Midlands: notts/leics/lincs/Derbyshire/Northamptonshire/The black country and the whole caboodle that makes up the East Midlands?

Btw, I might throw a bit of a bbq or so too celebrate the homecoming of Jazi but .... you'll have to have some patience! :roll:

Stories later.

Ciao,

Bert
-1968 912 SWB Targa LHD
-1976 911 Carrera 3.o Targa RHD
-1983 944 190bhp (augment automotive enhanced) RHD
-1979 280SLC manual LHD, 1989 500SL, 1997 SL500, 1989 Jag XJ-s 3.6, old BMW’s
-Ex 1976 911 2.7 Targa, 1979 911 SC, 1983 930,1993 964 C4 Jubi etc
Boxerfan
DDK above all

Post by Boxerfan »

Helen, it was Hagertys that I was with - if you read the small print it comes over as though they don't really want to use your car... certainly anything but very occasional trips to work are not allowed, whereas if my old Porsche is working & the weather is fair, I want to be able to use it!
DDK # 0362
Nige
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Nige »

Bertroex wrote: Btw, I might throw a bit of a bbq or so too celebrate the homecoming of Jazi but .... you'll have to have some patience! :roll:
oooo, its an epic!
Mick Cliff
I need to get out more!

Post by Mick Cliff »

Bertroex wrote:.....to celebrate the homecoming of Jazi but .... you'll have to have some patience! :roll:
Patience is running a bit thin - need to get another car on the ramp at Mike's :lol:
Merc B Class diesel
Porsche-less
Sam
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Sam »

If you're ever in the Essex area, pop it in to us and we'll have a quick look round and tap a valuation out. No charge. :)
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
Boxerfan
DDK above all

Post by Boxerfan »

Coo thanks Sam, it's almost worth coming to Essex just to take you up on your offer & have a mooch round your place! Where's my road atlas?
DDK # 0362