Removing Bumper Trim

Need some help with a technical problem - ask away and let's see if we can all help.

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Nige

silverfox
Married to the DDK

Removing Bumper Trim

Post by silverfox »

OK guys and girls - who knows how to get the plastic trim out of alloy bumper trims on 68 912. There must be a trick!
Also does anybdy have any of the rectangular head M5 (I think) that secure trim to bumer.
Cheers

Silverfox
Silverfox
Porsche 912 - 1968
Porsche 914 - 1974
Volvo PV544 - 1959
stuby
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by stuby »

If they're of any use to you I have a pair of the rear bumper trims complete, all the fixings are ok and generally not in bad nick ( I changed them for some new ones whilst in the process of a total restoration )
Can email pics if you wish
Stu
Don't shoot the messenger....He's only doing his job!
silverfox
Married to the DDK

Post by silverfox »

Thanks Stu

Mine are in good nick, I just need to get at the bolts as a few sheared during strip down.

Paul
Silverfox
Porsche 912 - 1968
Porsche 914 - 1974
Volvo PV544 - 1959
sdelan
DDK forever

Post by sdelan »

Evening Silverfox-

Presuming you mean the rubber inserts for the chromed/alloy bumper trim - then, from my experience, you need to simply pull it out - ideally get hold of the end of the rubber insert with a vicegrips (very crude - but effective :lol: ) and pull it out !

Not sure if there is much more of a trick to it than that - but happy to be corrected.

However, when I looked at simply changing the inserts - I decided to replace the entire bumper trim as they were pretty battered on my car.

Good luck

Regards
Sean
1970 RHD Porsche 911T - Sold
1988 RHD Porsche 911 Carrera - Sold