Non-Porsche: 1962/3? split screen camper

Porsche Cars classifieds (and DDK'ers other cars that need to go in the pursuit of Porsche Paradise!)

Moderators: Helen, Bootsy

East Coast Dave
Married to the DDK

Non-Porsche: 1962/3? split screen camper

Post by East Coast Dave »

First post for a while, been very busy...twins due end of May, house partially torn down & almost rebuilt. Still try to drop in when I get some time to myself. Anyway, this might appeal to those DDKers with VW roots:

I'm reluctantly selling my 1963 (built Nov'62) LHD former EZ camper.

Brought in from SoCal in 2004 this bus has NEVER BEEN WELDED. There is some 'pepper potting' of the cab floor on the passenger side, but I've left it to show how good the van is overall.

Painted in its original turkis green, but with some (off) white added in 2007, as the pictures show. It has 6x Creative chrome pop outs fitted, and Autocraft stainless front quarter lights. Glass is Creative green tinted all round. Polished Empi 5 alikes fitted.

The bus had several £K's spent with T2D when I first got it, converting to 12v, mild lowering job, type 3 drums, gearbox & drive shafts on the rear, etc. Original 1500 single port runs great and has never let me down. Now has Weber 32/36 carb & single quiet pack too. Travelled a fair bit, Essex to Malvern, Isle of White, Dorset, etc, etc.

Interior has original style TMI panels, and front seat covers. The rear has a full width rock & roll bed, with 4" foam. The foam is not yet covered. The floor has vintage 'Mad Mats' green & white checkerboard tiles, which look great. Until recently it had the original EZ pale wooden headlining, but I've sold this to help another SSVC member complete their van. I have a grey cloth WCM headlining brand new in the box which can go with the van if required. front has 2x 3 point inertia reel belts, while rear has 2x 3 point inertia reel belts and one lap belt. Period Blaupunkt radio fitted but not currently working.

NOTE: Rear bumper was pushed into the offside corner when stuck down a dead end on the Isle of White - small scrape into paint next to rear wheel arch. Should be easy to fix. (can be seen in 2nd & 3rd pictures) Otherwise unmarked.

Twins due end of May, plus unfinished house extension forces the sale. Will be very sad to see him go (his name is Muttley).

Price £14,000

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Call me on 07876 718803. Based near Manningtree, north Essex.
"Let's be careful out there"

SOLD:
1968 LHD 912 targa
& some veedubs
(to pay for growing family - and house!)