Rear Seat Belts

For classic Porsche 911 content

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Barry, Viv_Surby, Derek, Mike Usiskin

912jeff
DDK Seasoned Poster

Rear Seat Belts

Post by 912jeff »

Hi we have several early 911's and 912's and for summer days out whilst showing/ promoting and selling cars, I will need to accomadate a child seat in the back with a 3 point belt. Does anyone have experience on which belts fit, and also which car seats will fit as well. I dont want to make more holes in the body.

regards

jeff
FMAN
DDK addict

Post by FMAN »

Jeff,

In my 72 there seems to be lap belts mounting points under the carpet. I have had to drill a hole for the top mount for the inertia reel.
I struggled to find a car seat that would fit in the recess; I found a booster seat which was narrow enough but still needs from trimming to fit properly.

Regards

Neil
hot66

Post by hot66 »

I have rear belts in my car that I have fitted.

For various reasons I have a different belt on each side :roll:

The only difficult bit is drilling the holes in the rear shelf, as due to the rear screen angle you can not get a drill in the right place. I got around this by buying a superb 90degree attachment that allowed me to drill the holes :)

The 1st belt I fitted was one from a Porsche 993. For my '73 car it was just a matter of drilling a hole in the rear shelf & mounting the real using a large spreader plate. The fixings for the lap area are already in place for my car so it was just a bolt in job.

The other belt I fitted was one from SBSquickfit. Due to the design of their real it has to be mounted on a plate that positions it horizontally.

Personally I don't like the SBSquickfit real & I think the 993 one looks a lot neater & looks OEM.

The only problem with the 993 real is the belt could do with being a bit longer, although this isn't a problem as there are plenty of companies that can re-web it.

Ref seats, I use a Britax Freeway for my 18month old & I use a Maxi-Cosi Rodi ( narrow version) for my 4.5Yr old. I think the Maxicosi is superb & I bought this from SBS quickfit.
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
912jeff
DDK Seasoned Poster

child seats

Post by 912jeff »

The seat we have at present is a maxi cosi tobi, baby is 13 months old
jeff