911 Lightweight Day - 12 Dec 09

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Nick Moss
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Nick Moss »

"We'll need to get to Cribbs Causeway really early because the queue of Christmas shoppers will back up the motorway for over 10 miles...."
True, I did say that. I was wrrr......ong. Seems all the locals were surprised by the lack of traffic too. Sorry Paul, I know it was early, but why did you go to bed at 1.30 the previous night?

Good to meet a few new faces; Ant, several of the IB crew and Chris Harris, a very nice young man, incredibly enthusiastic about Porsches. He was down on his knees showing me the different rear dampers on the 3.0RS and RSR and telling me all about the build on his Viper Green ST rep that Tuthill built.
Nick Moss - early911.co.uk - Fuchs refurbishment
07980 017994
nick@early911.co.uk
Ferry Man

Post by Ferry Man »

epoch911 wrote:...you know I have wondered whether to start a thread on my journey of discovery with 0595...the people I've met, the things I've found out etc.
Would anyone be interested?
Of course we would. I've heard some of the tale but everyone else would love it. And we'd love to see the photos and the paperwork.
You'll get some spare time over Christmas, get writing... :)
Paul

'74 Porsche 911 Carrera 2.7 (MFI) - Lime Green
'94 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 (993) - Mexico Blue
Ferry Man

Post by Ferry Man »

nick-moss wrote:I was wrrr......ong.
That can't have been easy to type Nick. :wink:
nick-moss wrote:why did you go to bed at 1.30 the previous night?
Discretion please Nick, that stuff stays on tour. :wink:
Paul

'74 Porsche 911 Carrera 2.7 (MFI) - Lime Green
'94 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 (993) - Mexico Blue
left4dead

Post by left4dead »

Ferry Man wrote:
epoch911 wrote:...you know I have wondered whether to start a thread on my journey of discovery with 0595...the people I've met, the things I've found out etc.
Would anyone be interested?
Of course we would. I've heard some of the tale but everyone else would love it. And we'd love to see the photos and the paperwork.
You'll get some spare time over Christmas, get writing... :)
Hear, hear; I remember reading a little about your car in the Spydermon 2.7RS thread (whatever happened to Steve?) just after you had reunited it with its original engine.

About time for an update Ant! :)

Looking forward to it. 8)
Steve

1 x '67S, 3 x 2.4S all RHD

A privilege & pleasure to have owned them all.
Mike

Post by Mike »

epoch911 wrote: ...you know I have wondered whether to start a thread on my journey of discovery with 0595...the people I've met, the things I've found out etc. Or would that just be too ME ME ME? Would anyone be interested?
Ant
Hi Ant, having followed the work on your car up at Neil's, I know it would make a great thread as it's a great story. As for the 'me me me' thing, I worry so much about that everytime I post anything to add to my 'My Project' thread, but I think we are just true enthusiasts here and read and enjoy these threads in the spirit that they are written, I hope so anyway......

Mike
cheers, Mike.

previously..
1994 968 Club Sport Riviera Blue
1994 993 C2 Carrera Riviera Blue
1972 911S to Martini RSR Prototype Spec
1973 911E to RS Lightweight Specification
1981 924 Carrera GT ex Mexborough car
3.2 Carrera Sport x2
left4dead

Post by left4dead »

nick-moss wrote:why did you go to bed at 1.30 the previous night?
Maybe Paul was up applying his new decal set to the Hot Rod :?:

That's some dedication! :)
Steve

1 x '67S, 3 x 2.4S all RHD

A privilege & pleasure to have owned them all.
hot66

Post by hot66 »

epoch911 wrote:Hi Paul
It was great to meet you as well as Nick and Vic..and thanks for the kind words on the car - I'm glad you liked it for what it is....next time you must take it out for a blast.

...you know I have wondered whether to start a thread on my journey of discovery with 0595...the people I've met, the things I've found out etc. Or would that just be too ME ME ME? Would anyone be interested?

See you soon (at Oulton if not before)

Ant
would love to hear about it 8) Start a thread in ~Members rides
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
epoch911
DDK above all

Post by epoch911 »

Right you lot...this is all the encouragement I need! :) I'll get a thread started over Xmas

The car has led me to some amazing people and places - more than I could ever have imagined. But the story is about more than just the physical car itself so to whet your appetites, here are some of the images that form part of it...

I hope you know what you've let yourselves in for...

Ant
58A - 71E
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by 58A - 71E »

Mike wrote:
epoch911 wrote: ...you know I have wondered whether to start a thread on my journey of discovery with 0595...the people I've met, the things I've found out etc. Or would that just be too ME ME ME? Would anyone be interested?
Ant
Hi Ant, having followed the work on your car up at Neil's, I know it would make a great thread as it's a great story. As for the 'me me me' thing, I worry so much about that everytime I post anything to add to my 'My Project' thread, but I think we are just true enthusiasts here and read and enjoy these threads in the spirit that they are written, I hope so anyway......

Mike
This is a site for early Porsche enthusiasts isnt it :wink: - I love reading about people's projects and that one of yours Mike is compelling reading 8)

Ant - the pics make this look for a great story :)
James

'58 356A 1600n
'71 911E 2,2