Changing Cars

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Hugo 356
I luv DDK!

Re: Changing Cars

Post by Hugo 356 »

Congrats on the new motor (& Trish's restoration; oil pump re-build & new cv joints). I thought you had bought the GT Speedster cover car for a second there!
maverick
noun
1. an unorthodox or independent-minded person.
2. an unbranded calf or yearling.
Origin mid 19th century: from the name of Samuel A. Maverick (1803–70), a Texas rancher who did not brand his cattle.
jeremyg
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Changing Cars

Post by jeremyg »

Thanks Hugo. She’s managed to stay out of the garage without a recall so far. The GT Speedster? I wish!
RobFrost
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by RobFrost »

996 GT3 Gen 1 - dream car for me. And a lovely colour.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
1970 911T, Signal orange (Restoration thread)
1988 3.2 Carrera backdate, Black
2001 996 Turbo, Lapis blue (am I allowed to put that here?)
I'm looking for a pre-impact bumper 911S or other high-revving 911 to restore - please let me know if you see one.
Sam
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Sam »

Excellent work.

And just a bit inspirational that you’re both still excited to rock a proper homologation, motorsport built 911 when others would long since have settled into something with PDK.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
anglophone1
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by anglophone1 »

Agreed Jeremy- this life is not a rehearsal - get on and do it!
Clive
West Cork, Ireland

RGruppe #814
1978 SC/1984 3.2 Outlaw -Jaffa 911
1973 914 - on Webers - historic rally car- Tango 914
1977 924 2.0 on Webers street legal race car - Martini 924
Flachbau -in progress
jwhillracer
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by jwhillracer »

Wow, Jeremy, what a story! How lucky to discover and treat Trish’s problems before they got really serious. Glad that she’s recovering well.
The next time you head down to the levels, come in for a coffee! I’m afraid our garden isn’t exactly up to Trish’s standards, we spend too much time there just drinking coffee and taking in the view across the moor!
Take care both,
JW
Life's a single timed run with no practice....
1970 914/6 2.4E/Webers
1970 VW Beetle project
1972 911 Hillclimber (now 3.5 litre on Management :shock: ) Part of the family for 39 years!
2006 Hymer Merc Starline 630
2000 T4 Van LPG
2000 Golf V5 Estate GT
jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

RobFrost wrote:996 GT3 Gen 1 - dream car for me. And a lovely colour.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
So far Rob we love it too. I lost my resistance to bright colours when I bought the Tangerine T, but now I think they look great together side by side, although an iPhone just can’t faithfully cope with the colour difference. As Feroz pointed out to me, it was the launch colour too, which tied in nicely with the literature.

It was originally registered in Geneva. Can’t wait to try it on a few mountain passes.
misteralz
DDK forever

Post by misteralz »

Lovely story and cars. And glad your wife is on the mend.
yoda
I need to get out more!

Post by yoda »

Hi Jeremy

So good to hear that Trish is better and you are both enjoying driving together again. You have surprised me yet again! I thought I knew where this story was going and half expecting to see a 993 in your garage but I'm glad you have given the GT3 a try. I think it will really come into its own on longer continental trips and you will enjoy your trip to France.

I'm off to the Alps for 9 days in mine in September which should be fun. Look forward to comparing notes after our trips.

Take care

Feroz
The force is strong in this one ......
jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

Sam wrote:Excellent work.

And just a bit inspirational that you’re both still excited to rock a proper homologation, motorsport built 911 when others would long since have settled into something with PDK.
That made me laugh Sam, as you always do - ‘settled’ into PDK. Yes between us there’s now 2 hip replacements, a triple heart bypass and a recent TIA for me too, all hopefully on the way through France in a few weeks time. Really looking forward to the drive - it does have air con.
911hillclimber

Post by 911hillclimber »

Interesting read on all fronts.
NHS works well if you are not lost in a queue, I have had to go private for much smaller issues than your wife's but still irritating.

A friend has not long had his 996 Gen1 GT3 RS after his beloved GTS which he fell out of love with when he could not get a wheel off to have the puncture repaired...

He is besotted with the GT3, hillclimbs it well too, his wife loves it, they are both very petrol heads mind.

I hope things continue to go well for the two of you, and as said above, get in while you can! :)
73T 911 Coupe, road/hillclimber 3.2L
Lola t 492 / 3.2 hillclimb racer
Boxster 987 Gen II 2.9
jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

jwhillracer wrote:Wow, Jeremy, what a story! How lucky to discover and treat Trish’s problems before they got really serious. Glad that she’s recovering well.
The next time you head down to the levels, come in for a coffee! I’m afraid our garden isn’t exactly up to Trish’s standards, we spend too much time there just drinking coffee and taking in the view across the moor!
Take care both,
JW
We’ll take you up on your offer one day soon JW - looking out at the levels is always very relaxing. You take care too motorsport man!
jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

yoda wrote:Hi Jeremy

So good to hear that Trish is better and you are both enjoying driving together again. You have surprised me yet again! I thought I knew where this story was going and half expecting to see a 993 in your garage but I'm glad you have given the GT3 a try. I think it will really come into its own on longer continental trips and you will enjoy your trip to France.

I'm off to the Alps for 9 days in mine in September which should be fun. Look forward to comparing notes after our trips.

Take care

Feroz
I thought it would be nice to surprise you Feroz. Once again, thanks so much for your help in relating your experiences so far. We’ll certainly compare notes - look forward to that. They really seem to be very special cars with a wonderful driving feel.

Take care too
KS

Post by KS »

Well, I guess we're going to have to pay you a visit sometime soon - Sarah's dying to see the garden, but my eyes might be diverted elsewhere... ;)

Glad WC took care of you.
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

911hillclimber wrote:Interesting read on all fronts.
NHS works well if you are not lost in a queue, I have had to go private for much smaller issues than your wife's but still irritating.

A friend has not long had his 996 Gen1 GT3 RS after his beloved GTS which he fell out of love with when he could not get a wheel off to have the puncture repaired...

He is besotted with the GT3, hillclimbs it well too, his wife loves it, they are both very petrol heads mind.

I hope things continue to go well for the two of you, and as said above, get in while you can! :)
Thanks for your well wishes Graham. I’m a great believer in the NHS - they recently sorted me out when I had a mini stroke - 2 days in A&E and 2 on a ward, and great follow up.

Interesting to hear your friends GT3 RS experience. I’ve got the Gen 1 softies version - plenty hot enough for us though!

All the best