Your Porsche pic of the day......

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

stretch
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Re: Your Porsche pic of the day......

Post by stretch »

Yes.... Robert knows it's whereabouts. I have info on it's engine but i don't want paying for it. :)
70T barn find...... to ST.
1998 C2 996 Kettle
mycar
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by mycar »

mycar

Post by mycar »

Winston Teague
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Winston Teague »

Lightweight_911 wrote:Image
I'd love to know more about (or even see) these early Porsche single seaters.....Is there a book i should put on my christmas list? W
Winston
'61 356 BT5 & a lot of broken chain driven stuff
Lightweight_911

Post by Lightweight_911 »

There's a chapter dedicated to them in "Porsche - The 4-Cylinder 4-Cam Sports & Racing Cars" by Jerry Sloniger (a great book if you haven't already got it).

I've also got a copy of the (rare?) "Porsche 718 + 804" - a large hardback book with lots of info & pictures I'd never seen before ...

Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
Mike

Post by Mike »

cheers, Mike.

previously..
1994 968 Club Sport Riviera Blue
1994 993 C2 Carrera Riviera Blue
1972 911S to Martini RSR Prototype Spec
1973 911E to RS Lightweight Specification
1981 924 Carrera GT ex Mexborough car
3.2 Carrera Sport x2
Hugo 356
I luv DDK!

Post by Hugo 356 »

maverick
noun
1. an unorthodox or independent-minded person.
2. an unbranded calf or yearling.
Origin mid 19th century: from the name of Samuel A. Maverick (1803–70), a Texas rancher who did not brand his cattle.
rhd racer
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by rhd racer »

Interesting bike! Like an early funny bike as they were called when I used to race, having a smaller front wheel - interesting parallel with the car too! Looks like that was done to clear the chain wheel, although the fork angle looks odd and brings the wheel back towards the frame (the opposite of normal bike forks). Fascinating stuff. Any idea what speed was achieved?
93 964 C2
99 Boxster 2.5 > 2.7 hill climber

71 914/6 3.0 - gone

'You see Paul, hill climbing is like making love to a beautiful woman. You get your motor running, check your fluids, hang on tight and WHOA..30 seconds later it's all over!' Swiss Tony
DustyM
I need to get out more!

Post by DustyM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sam

Post by Sam »

rhd racer wrote:Interesting bike! Like an early funny bike as they were called when I used to race, having a smaller front wheel - interesting parallel with the car too! Looks like that was done to clear the chain wheel, although the fork angle looks odd and brings the wheel back towards the frame (the opposite of normal bike forks). Fascinating stuff. Any idea what speed was achieved?
That’s a stayer.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/late ... kes-316992

The small front and backwards forks are to get closer to the motor. Whereas a small front wheel on a lo pro time trial bike provides constant downhill for moar speed. :)
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
Hugo 356
I luv DDK!

Post by Hugo 356 »

rhd racer wrote:Interesting bike! Like an early funny bike as they were called when I used to race, having a smaller front wheel - interesting parallel with the car too! Looks like that was done to clear the chain wheel, although the fork angle looks odd and brings the wheel back towards the frame (the opposite of normal bike forks). Fascinating stuff. Any idea what speed was achieved?
Jean-Claude Rude's tyre blew @ 175kmh ending his 935 attempt. He was subsequently killed in 1980 training alongside an express train. The current motor paced record is 183 mph by Denise Mueller-Korenek on Bonneville salt flats
maverick
noun
Origin mid 19th century: from the name of Samuel A. Maverick (1803–70), a Texas rancher who did not brand his cattle.
rhd racer
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by rhd racer »

Thanks both. Fascinating, poor chap...

That link took me back; I was in Cycling Weekly once in 1980 or so for winning a race at Crystal Palace and they put someone else’s name under the photo. They issued a correction the following week. So technically, have been in it twice!

Anyhow, back to Porsches - totally unrelated. This was recently for sale, in Spain I think, but on eBay over here. When one exhaust is not enough.....

93 964 C2
99 Boxster 2.5 > 2.7 hill climber

71 914/6 3.0 - gone

'You see Paul, hill climbing is like making love to a beautiful woman. You get your motor running, check your fluids, hang on tight and WHOA..30 seconds later it's all over!' Swiss Tony
1969.Carrera
DDK Fanatic

Post by 1969.Carrera »

rhd racer wrote: Anyhow, back to Porsches - totally unrelated. This was recently for sale, in Spain I think, but on eBay over here. When one exhaust is not enough.....

Yes, provisional Spanish license plates.

It is a pre 73 tuned years ago by a workshop that fortunately no longer exists, Betolaza.

Saludos.
Hugo 356
I luv DDK!

Post by Hugo 356 »

A cool shot from the start of the '62 Sebring 12 hr. TVR 56 was a DNF, sister car 55 was driven by a Mark Donohue. Number 50 356 was a DNF with gearbox problems but 718 number 59 shared by Bruce 'King Carrera' Jennings came in a giant-slaying 3rd behind two 3 litre Ferrari 250s. Steve McQueen drove an Austin-Healey Sebring Sprite with toothpaste heir John Colgate Jr in the race - you might remember a Car SOS episode when they did a sister car driven by Pedro Rodriguez in the warm up 3 hr race

Factory poster celebrating the result
Last edited by Hugo 356 on Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
maverick
noun
Darren65

Post by Darren65 »