912 Targa

For you flat four Porsche 912 fanatics

Moderators: Miggs, KS

Prestonese
DDK Seasoned Poster

912 Targa

Post by Prestonese »

Hi everyone. Been on this forum for about a year now and still trying to find my way around. I've been spending some time looking at 912 Targas but have not found much online. Please excuse my ignorance but is there any resource on here where I can find some more information and pitfalls of a 912 Targa. If anyone with good experience owning on in all weathers, I'd be glad to hear from you as well.

Many thanks in advance
SeanP
I luv DDK!

Re: 912 Targa

Post by SeanP »

912 targa’s are the same as 911 targa’s. Soft wind targa’s are quite a rare thing and have their own following.

Have you tried the 912bbs? Good bunch willing to help and assist

You could contact Neil Bardsley he owned one for quite a while.
1966 912
1969 912/6 hotish rod in build
1974 914 Dead
LI 125 Lambretta (Yeah right it’s a 125)
Mini Cooper s
neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: 912 Targa

Post by neilbardsley »

Where do I start? Noisey, never completely water tight. Can be more rusty than coupes. Soft windows are the great cars but rare and not cheap. At clm 2018 we toured France with the roof on but back window down. You just have to look at lot closely at the body and roof as repairing them can be expensive

Sent from my Redmi 7 using Tapatalk
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP