Is this fair treatment from a fellow Ddk'er?

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Re: Is this fair treatment from a fellow Ddk'er?

Post by Bootsy »

Thanks Richard. Sounds like a sensible suggestion for you and Loz to discuss privately
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Loz
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Loz »

Richard,

There is nothing for me to discuss with you as far as I'm concerned. This matter is closed. I have been refunded most of my money, and gave your father the chance to reimburse fully before I posted my experience, purely to protect other members. I made him aware of my intentions to post, but regrettably he chose not to reimburse fully and the rest is now history.

As you have agreed, I wasn't treated fairly by your father. I had every right to post my experience on here. I cannot be held responsible for the comments posted by other members, but nevertheless I appreciate the support they have given me in my experience. The suggestion (in some posts) that your father is not new to controversy, is probably the cause for comments that aggrieve you, but that has nothing to do with me or you.

The correct course of action is always for the buyer to try and resolve the issue with the seller, if it's the buyer that has a problem. This is exactly what I did. The correct course of action was NOT to communicate with Thomas. Thomas has stated that he does not get involved in any transactions between individuals, and that he only expects gentlemanly conduct and goodwill between them. I support this view, and I conducted my business accordingly. At no time have I been "out of order".

Thomas, if you wish to lock this thread, I for one have no objections.

Richard, Thomas....

Respectfully,
Loz
1970 911t Coupe 2626

"I've started so I'll finish"
Richi996
Married to the DDK

Post by Richi996 »

Thank you LOV for protecting all the members you are a real hero ....
I did not hold it against you what other members posted ... as i do not know you and can not comment .
This will be my last comment on the matter .........
Richard
73 RS Rep with 2.8l Twin Plug
Ducati 996 Foggy Rep
1 wife and 1 Boy
Loz
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Loz »

Richi996 wrote:Thank you LOV for protecting all the members you are a real hero ....
I did not hold it against you what other members posted ... as i do not know you and can not comment .
This will be my last comment on the matter .........

You're welcome Richard.

The next time you pass through Gotham City, pop in for a cuppa.

:roll:
1970 911t Coupe 2626

"I've started so I'll finish"
vwretrosteve
DDK forever

Post by vwretrosteve »

gridgway wrote:
vwretrosteve wrote: if a 964 tiptronic with a dodgy gearbox means anything to you, enjoy the payback :lol:
Well on the basis you bought a 964 tip from me and iirc asked me afterwards whether I'd had any gearbox problems, I presume you are referring to me there Steve.

Do you have a complaint?

Graham
You knew I had a complaint the following day, when after approx 15 miles (inclusive of collecting it) it threw a gearbox fault and repeated at regular intervals - Upon advising you of the issue, the response was less than satisfactory and certainly not in the spirit I would associate with a DDK purchase.

I put it down the experience and had forgotten about it until reading this thread, which I must say did amuse me - especially the quimming bit.

I do not need a reply, that should have happened at the time.
356A coupe,...
and some other nonsense

Retro VW-Porsche - Euro and USA
Import/Sales.
Vehicles, parts and Temptation.
Surrey- 01483 810756 07974579667
Nige
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Nige »

It's DDK ROYAL RUMBLE time!
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Nige wrote:It's DDK ROYAL RUMBLE time!

it's not - thread locked at request of thread starter.

If you want to continue to rumble with each other I suggest PM, Email or Phone (remember those)
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
mitso
DDK slapper chatter

356 carbs sold and returned from LOZ

Post by mitso »

I agree with most arguments mentioned on the general chat forum regarding this item, I also agree that it was my mistake not pointing out the damage on one carb and not 2 carbs, however in my defence I fully refunded the item less return postage and charges from paypal. The 1 carb (made in Italy ) was perfectly restorable and nothing wrong with it either , the 2 inlet manifolds where brand new and in perfect condition . I have had these item for some time and had no intention on repairing them , in my opinion even the one good carb and manifold is worth the £ 200 offered.
I have been a long time DDK'er and not in the habit of pulling a fast one , so once again sorry , I have learnt a good lesson as well. :cherry: