Is this fair treatment from a fellow Ddk'er?

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

stretch
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Re: Is this fair treatment from a fellow Ddk'er?

Post by stretch »

Sorry to here you got hoodwinked buy a guy that has previous on here Loz. And a big thumbs up for having the balls to name and shame.

Is he really that desperate for a few quid ? Shall we have a whip round for him. :evil:
70T barn find...... to ST.
1998 C2 996 Kettle
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Given this is now in public I'd like to see a response and a solution voiced by the seller of these items

Otherwise I'll be looking at any existing for sale ads and future ones very closely with a finger on the delete function
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Loz
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Loz »

Thanks Dave.

It won't leave a scar thankfully. :blackeye:

I'm not the kind of bloke that enjoys telling tales, but on the other hand not the type to bend over either, hence I had no trouble sharing my experience. I gave him the option, but he chose to stay firm.

I haven't been around here that long so didn't have the benefit of reading or hearing similar before. I soon knew I was dealing with someone "different" to you other guys though!

An aircraft engineer who suggests liquid metal and a helicoil without a hole!

C'est la vie!
1970 911t Coupe 2626

"I've started so I'll finish"
Sam
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Sam »

Sorry to read of this Loz.

Usually I'm unsympathetic to those buying off someone they've only met on the internet and then being surprised that they weren't being honest, but like others, I regard DDK as a community and have an expectation of people on here above those on eBay and Gumtree.

Looking at the seller's contributions to this forum to date, I don't think anyone would miss him if Bootsy dropped the

Once we've heard his side of the story, of course...
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
gridgway

Post by gridgway »

well, I'm very glad that everyone here has higher expectations than me! Perhaps I'm saying hope for the best, but plan for the worst. And maybe I'm jaundiced having not done enough due diligence on a DDK'ers car sale to me in the past. Having to spend £12k to rebuild the completely rebuilt engine, I stand by my urgings on buyers to not assume the condition of what they are buying!

Graham
Darren65

Post by Darren65 »

Lightweight_911 wrote:I would regard buying something from another DDKer in a different way from buying from an 'unknown' seller - I would expect items for sale to be accurately described ...
Totally agree….
gridgway wrote:well, I'm very glad that everyone here has higher expectations than me! Perhaps I'm saying hope for the best, but plan for the worst. And maybe I'm jaundiced having not done enough due diligence on a DDK'ers car sale to me in the past. Having to spend £12k to rebuild the completely rebuilt engine, I stand by my urgings on buyers to not assume the condition of what they are buying!

Graham
….also totally agree.

No disrespect to Loz for posting, totally sympathise with his predicament and seems no doubt he's been mislead…..however….threads like this depress me and I don't like to see them. In the past we've had genuine differences of opinion and 'he said, she said' scenarios! :roll: …..a slippery slope best kept off DDK in my opinion.

I'd urge everyone to do your homework and be as careful as you can…..just because the majority on here are 'good chaps' it doesn't mean we all are! :shock:
72911E
I luv DDK!

Post by 72911E »

Not sure if he is going to get many calls on his Boxster :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=50542
'72 911E Coupe RHD
'72 911S Coupe RHD
Darren65

Post by Darren65 »

72911E wrote:Not sure if he is going to get many calls on his Boxster :lol:

:lol:

…..now that's the way to do it! :wink:
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Lightweight_911 wrote:I would regard buying something from another DDKer in a different way from buying from an 'unknown' seller - I would expect items for sale to be accurately described ...
"What Andy said", so far my experiences of dealing with people on DDK has been very good (and I hope the experience of people buying from me).
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
alastairp
DDK above all

Post by alastairp »

72911E wrote:Not sure if he is going to get many calls on his Boxster :lol:

To be fair I think it only needs a little refurbishment and finishing with light blow-over:

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newphotos ... 2514.shtml

:lol:
cobber356
DDK slapper chatter

Post by cobber356 »

well, well well i see Eric is up to his usual tricks, this guys best avoided and as for his knowledge and skills i would say very poor.
Just ask the guy who ended up with his rebuilt 356 engine
Last edited by cobber356 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vwretrosteve
DDK forever

Post by vwretrosteve »

there are a few folk here who dice with karma -

if a 964 tiptronic with a dodgy gearbox means anything to you, enjoy the payback :lol:
356A coupe,...
and some other nonsense

Retro VW-Porsche - Euro and USA
Import/Sales.
Vehicles, parts and Temptation.
Surrey- 01483 810756 07974579667
crisc204
DDK slapper chatter

Post by crisc204 »

Its one thing if the seller knows the item is faulty and quite another if they are not hands on with projects and really don't know.
I have plenty of friends that could fall into the latter category but they absolutely love cars.

Also through buying in lots of bits I've seen some issues arise where parts are incorrectly identified by a previous seller and then they get moved on as-is, the current seller is not always aware IME
that's just par for the course when buying off the T'internet...Caveat Emptor is the phrase...

Personally speaking, on DDK I expect slightly more and I think you are right to expect decent treatment as well after all a few problems are inevitable but how they are solved is just as important.

For my 2p this is a bit more cut and dry.
The item clearly has an obvious material fault meaning that they could quite reasonably be considered unsuitable for a refurb and IMHO sending those out was a bit cheeky to say the least.
Anyone reading through can see how this panned out.
http://www.911rrr.com

Baltic 3.2 Carrera
Ornamental 911 Gulf RS 3.4 hotrod...
gridgway

Post by gridgway »

vwretrosteve wrote: if a 964 tiptronic with a dodgy gearbox means anything to you, enjoy the payback :lol:
Well on the basis you bought a 964 tip from me and iirc asked me afterwards whether I'd had any gearbox problems, I presume you are referring to me there Steve.

Do you have a complaint?

Graham
Richi996
Married to the DDK

Post by Richi996 »

I have thought long and hard about what has been written regarding my father ( yes my Father ) and for people to call a long standing member of DDK a t055er is just darn right rude .
I do not agree to what has happened to LOZ and have not spoken to my father as he is away but like every forum you get people who have had absolutely no dealing with the accused party who have nothing better then to slag them off .. that is not a true DDK er in my eyes .....
My dad has been a member since 2005 and he has respect from quite a few members on here who have known him for years .. so now due to one incident and somebody else who thinks he is clever by posting utter rubbish in this thread he has become a t055er and basically outlawed !!!! Also just because someone does not make constant contributions .. we all have a life to live then he wont be missed .. whats that all about . I look at DDK nearly every day and have contact with members on here via PM or just love the reading .... is that not contributing ...

Loz sorry but you are out of order too ... you should have contacted Thomas on here and try to see if this issue could have been sorted through the correct channels.
Thomas I am sure , would have done what he could and then if he deemed right removed my dad from posting on DDK .
I have seen disputes on DDK before and most ask what they should do and not just shame people straight from go .
Loz if you contact me by PM .. I will put this right as best I can .I am not saying what has happened is right not at all but this whole issue just goes to show that after you posted this .... you have the the members on here that respond the correct way and others who just think they are being clever and want to stir the pot .
Richard
73 RS Rep with 2.8l Twin Plug
Ducati 996 Foggy Rep
1 wife and 1 Boy