T6

Replica owners or enthusiasts are very welcome

Moderator: Bootsy

Blazin356
DDK Newbie

T6

Post by Blazin356 »

Hi Martin,
I tried to reach you yesterday but received the message you are off on business for a few days.

I've received the T6 catalogue and I am now really keen to get a look at the car.

I was planning a trip to Chesil until you came on the scene, but not only is the Roadster T6 a prettier car in my opinion, but it would appear to suit my needs better (security, luggage space, weather protection, etc.) - not only that but it looks like it will be cheaper for me to fly to Germany than drive / take the train to Dorset! How bizzare.

Can you please let me know how this works as I am now VERY keen to get things moving. The thought of a sunny weekend in Germany also appeals. I guess that I have missed the opportunity to get a car built for this Summer?

By the way, I tried to access your 'admin@classicroadsters' from your website, but my mail was returned? Is that facility now working?

Congrats on the website by the way, very interesting to see all the details of the cars and I WILL be buying myself some models and posters for my Birthday!

Please reply asap as I have a few days owing to me from work and I could make it a long weekend in Germany. Incidentally, I am a little embarrassed to say that I know virtually nothing of Saxony - what could I expect by way of local interest / entertainment?
Jane
beachcomber
DDK Fanatic

T6

Post by beachcomber »

Hi Helen,

Ref: Saxony; I've spent quite some time there in the past 2 years and I have to say the area came to me as a complete surprise. Like you - I wasn't even sure where it was on the map! :oops: For those others that don't - it's up in the top right hand corner between Poland, Czech republic and just south of Berlin.

Now then, if like me that conjured up visions of bomb craters and barbed wire [ old East Germany ]. believe me it's nothing like that. Beautiful countryside, very friendly people, good wine [ and beer ] and good food.

Dresden is a beautiful city and IMHO MUCH nicer than Prague and WITHOUT the lager louts, hen and stag parties that are now ruining the place.

My last flight [ 6 weeks ago ] Stanstead to Altenburg [ Leipzig] was .99 PENCE + £14 airport tax. Flight is just under an hour and the transfer to Dresden about 1 hour by bus or high speed train.

If you get a chance- GO.! Many places for "entertainment" :?: in Dresden, Meissen and surrounds from Mild to Wild, and all MUCH chaper than Prague. fantastic 3 course meal including wine in a restaurant on the banks of the Elbe worked out at 10 Euros a head [ £7 'ish ].

Beachcomber
beachcomber
DDK Fanatic

T6

Post by beachcomber »

OOOPS :oops: sorry Jane - what an error calling you Helen. Did that once with a girlfriend [ very soon ex! ] when I was a youth - not good.
Beachcomber