Swb engine lid grille

Please add Porsche parts and anything you wish to sell here (no commercial sales)

Moderator: Bootsy

Lightweight_911
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Swb engine lid grille

Post by Lightweight_911 »

- as originally fitted to '65-early '68 911/912 models, although it will fit any '65-'73 car.

I would describe this grille as being in very good condition with all acorn nuts & fixing bolts being present - although, as is often the case, some of the aluminium fixing bolt threads would benefit from being re-cut - possibly to the next size down.

The crossbars are relatively free from waviness but have the inevitable minor nicks & scrapes that you might expect on a 45+ year old grille & 3 out of the 4 edging strips that finish off the ends of the mesh behind the bars are missing but it would be fairly simple to replicate these.

However, if I owned an appropriate swb model, I would not feel embarrassed to have this grille fitted to my car.

£300 + carriage - SOLD !!!

Last edited by Lightweight_911 on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
356A
DDK Fanatic

Re: Swb engine lid grille

Post by 356A »

I will have it please,send me payment details (pm) T
210bhp
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Swb engine lid grille

Post by 210bhp »

If you want new fixing bolts for this grille Tom (they are unique, no longer available and now made new to the original pattern) let me know. They are not cheap and take a wee while to get. Alternatively, as Andy says, you can re-die the original worn ones to a smaller size and find nuts to match.

Regards
Mike
996 Turbo (Sold)
73 2.4E (home after 25 years) and Sold again :-(
73T targa (signal yellow project)
1953 Vauxhall Velox
914/6
1963 356B
https://www.mybespokeroom.com/