Show us your... bicycle!

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

misteralz
DDK forever

Re: Show us your... bicycle!

Post by misteralz »

Apologies for crap facebook phone camera photies, but that's all I have!

My full susser - 2011 (I think) Mondraker Foxy with all the SRAM junk junked and replaced with XT:

My roadie-ish summer bike cum proper winter hack, my 2013 Zaskar 9er Elite:

My owned forever, never to be replaced or disposed of early '00s Zaskar:

And my current hardtail affair, a 2013 Kona Explosif 650b:

Never in my life have I 'gelled' so quickly with a bike. It's steel, it's clearcoated, it has visible brazing, sliding dropouts to make singlespeeding it easy, it's just perfect.
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

An unlikely contributor to this thread.......

My daughter turns 11 on Tuesday - scary! Anyway. After a bit of deliberation and because she likes the colour she's having one of these http://www.dalescycles.com/specialized- ... tAodCTAACQ delivered for Tuesday. A Specialized Hot Rock apparently. Cooler than anything I had when I was 11 (think that was probably my Grfiter stage!)

So it got Daddy thinking that maybe his old bike needs to come out for a service and I should at least show willing and go out for a few rides. Plus (and I know you'll all think I'm pulling your leg) it goes hand in hand with my recent fitness quest - I've been up the gym 4 mornings a week for the last 3 weeks - feel free to not believe me but it's true!

So cleaned it down as I haven't used it for about a year.

I built it with a mate about 18-20 years ago. From memory it was built up of a load of bits we had laying about from other bikes with a couple of purchases along the way. No idea what it consists of, I'm not really into bikes but I remember it riding ok!

I think it will be fine of a few runs out with Frankie and if we get into biking together I'll treat myself to something else.
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
sladey
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by sladey »

Mr Pharmacist wrote:Finally got round to taking pics of my 2 rides
Genesis Croix De Fer Cyclo Cross Bike:

Just off to collect one of these puppies tonight - looking forward to it!

How are you finding the Brook saddle? (been hanging my nose over a few on ebay but the wife has told me to wait until I get the bike)
The simple things you see are all complicated
I look pretty young but I'm just backdated yeah
Mike

Post by Mike »

sladey wrote:Just off to collect one of these
oh no what's happened, has somebody nicked your car.... :shock:
cheers, Mike.

previously..
1994 968 Club Sport Riviera Blue
1994 993 C2 Carrera Riviera Blue
1972 911S to Martini RSR Prototype Spec
1973 911E to RS Lightweight Specification
1981 924 Carrera GT ex Mexborough car
3.2 Carrera Sport x2
Black Betty
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Black Betty »

sorry... I somehow double posted!
Last edited by Black Betty on Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's better to burn out, than to fade away
Black Betty
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Black Betty »

You just gotta love a classic:

1999 Cannondale Messenger Bike

I bought this bike new and I was the only one in the Netherlands that had ordered one. I found it in an American Cannondale brochure and was immediately smitten by the looks of this bike. I just loved the satin black finish and yellow decals. A Dutch Cannondale dealer contacted Cannondale in the USA and Cannondale sent one to the Netherlands. The bike still looks like new, although the rims of the Spinergy wheels are getting pretty thin. The 3cm Headshock with lock-out is pretty special.

And then a few years later I bought a Super V SL in the same color scheme (simply because I love it). This one is fitted with one of the first Lefty's ever produced:

This bike is still going strong and in my opinion the Super V from Cannondale is a ATB classic!

I once owned a Porsche FS Evolution (the carbonfiber one with yellow Spengle wheels) and although I loved the look of the bike, Porsche took the bike back and I got a refund...

Why? I broke 3 frames in a little over a year. That bike had some serious quality issues! I loved the Votec front fork, but the frame (that initially also was produced by Votec) was so bad it was ridiculous...
Uk911
DDK forever

Post by Uk911 »

I like the retro also and have a proflex 857, will try to post a pic, oldskool is cool.......
Black Betty
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Black Betty »

Proflex is cool! :drunken:

I once started with a Proflex. When I first bought the bike the official name was 'Offroad' and the type was 'Proflex'. I remember it was bownish metalic with blue letters and and a blue rear fork. It also had that flexing steering bracket... :cheers:
Sam

Post by Sam »

Good god. That top Cannondale is properly odd. You could post a toddler between the front wheel and down tube. And what gives with pursuit bars that sit higher than the saddle? It must ride horribly.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
Sam

Post by Sam »

And why have a set back seat post then stick the saddle right forward hanging on by its arse hairs?
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
Black Betty
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Black Betty »

You're referring to the Messenger Bike? Ik can tell you it rides really superb! On the picture there are racing tires on it, but I normally ride it with 'cross tires' and then you can move astonishing fast in the city. It has hydraulic brakes and Headshok front suspension, so curbstones and other road imperfections are no problem. You can ride gravel bike tracks faster then with any other bike...

This is how it was in the brochure in 1999:
sladey

Post by sladey »

Mike wrote:
sladey wrote:Just off to collect one of these
oh no what's happened, has somebody nicked your car.... :shock:
They'd do well to nick it at the moment as its in bits
The simple things you see are all complicated
I look pretty young but I'm just backdated yeah
Sam

Post by Sam »

Black Betty wrote:You're referring to the Messenger Bike? Ik can tell you it rides really superb! On the picture there are racing tires on it, but I normally ride it with 'cross tires' and then you can move astonishing fast in the city. It has hydraulic brakes and Headshok front suspension, so curbstones and other road imperfections are no problem. You can ride gravel bike tracks faster then with any other bike...
So it's a 'cross bike with granny gearing and TT bars and it's called The Messenger?

That's almost so daft that if you didn't own one I'd think it was a spoof.

I cannot imagine a scenario where that bike would make sense unless it was a time trial on a very, very flat very, very long gravel track and you were capable of sustaining 400 watts. Or more like 600 watts with the height you have the bars set at.
Sam

Post by Sam »

Though thinking about it, if you can sustain 400 watts you'll spin out that MTB front chainring, the biggest one looks about 42T.
Black Betty
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Black Betty »

Sounds like you know what you are talking about... :drunken: :clown: