A place to discuss Porsche cars (and others) for sale in the general market
squirdan
DDK rules my life!

Re: phil Raby 911t for sale?

Post by squirdan »

smallspeed wrote:
squirdan wrote:Image
is that the car?
if so, I'm in the "love the color" camp.. Is it a non Porsche colour or something?
the very same taken on my phone and thats my brother peering at something

apparently a 356 colour
Megane R26R
Discovery Sport
Defender 110
BMW R9T
Trek Superfly
but sadly no Porsches any more
IanMcLeod
DDK rules my life!

Post by IanMcLeod »

964RS wrote:So say £45k back to original colour then, that's if Phil will drop the asking price by 5k.

I think people are genuinely losing the plot with these things now....getting all a bit silly.
Highfield wrote:Jason I agree bearing in mind where prices were not too long ago, or at least in my eye......recession, what recession ?
It is making me nervous these days. The classic car market is cyclical. Nothing has changed from previous cycles and it will come down again. Slow or fast and when are the only questions. Top notch cars with 100% cast iron provinence are the safest. You can own them in relative comfort knowing that if the time comes and you need to sell they will be the easiest to move on at a good enough price. Anything not meeting that criteria has to be more of a risk.

Ian.
A sponge and a rusty spanner

2.4E RHD, 2.4E RHD, 993 Carrera RHD
smallspeed
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Post by smallspeed »

squirdan wrote:the very same taken on my phone and thats my brother peering at something

apparently a 356 colour
looks great in your picture but like a drab army blue/green color in the ones Jason posted.. Amazing how different some colours can appear in different lights..
Sam
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Sam »

IanMcLeod wrote: It is making me nervous these days. The classic car market is cyclical. Nothing has changed from previous cycles and it will come down again.
Things are different though.

We've never had half-percent interest rates before and we've never had an international market for mid-range classics before.

The guy who buys a classic instead of shares purely as an investment will bail quickly, just like last time, but the guy who has put £50k of his £400k savings into a car because he's getting naff all interest and actually wants a lovely car won't panic sell if things soften, he'll just keep the car.

I'm not saying prices won't drop, they might, especially at the £200k+ price point, but we're not talking a collapse.

A bit like the housing market in affluent areas. It wibbled a bit in 2007 but people didn't panic sell, they sat tight, meaning supply was low and in most wealthy areas prices are now back to where they were. In major international centres with lots of employment (London, Cambridge, Oxford etc) it's now well up on where it was.

I definitely agree that good cars will be hit less and are the ones to have. The temptation when a lovely one is £50k is to buy an average/shitter at £30k. Revisiting the previous analogy : A regency townhouse in Bath has been a much better bet over the last few years than a poorly extended modern semi in Blackpool.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
964RS

Post by 964RS »

Sam wrote:
IanMcLeod wrote: It is making me nervous these days. The classic car market is cyclical. Nothing has changed from previous cycles and it will come down again.
Recessions are always different. The cycles usually have the same results though. Just depends when you join the cycle and when you leave it :)
----------------------------------------------------
Jason
https://www.SweepingHand.co.uk
Rolex & Omega Watch Purchases & Sales

ChrisW
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by ChrisW »

I also think that's a really great colour ...
markh
DDK slapper chatter

Post by markh »

Now reduced to £30k I see.
210bhp

Post by 210bhp »

markh wrote:Now reduced to £30k I see.
I saw that this morning too, it's getting closer to it's true worth.

There is an original blood orange (tangerine) 2.2 Italian delivered matching numbers 1971 car which has been for sale in Italy for a few weeks for less money (until the pounds weakens even more). This has got to be way better value for money (even with this car at the new price) and also have a wider appeal on colour as long as condition is similar (likely, from a dry climate).

Regards
Mike
996 Turbo (Sold)
73 2.4E (home after 25 years) and Sold again :-(
73T targa (signal yellow project)
1953 Vauxhall Velox
914/6
1963 356B
https://www.mybespokeroom.com/
alfacat
I luv DDK!

Post by alfacat »

Hi All
I still can't get my head round a £30K car that won't start, but If the bodywork and running-gear is as nice as you'd wish, lets hope it is given that £56K has been spent on a car in which the interior has been left with a little 'patina' (and lets face it, it doesn't sound like much has been spent on the fitted engine or the other one for that matter) then £25K (if the dealer can get it to at least start/run) sounds fair.
What dose a rebuild cost on a 2.2 engine? If £15K will get you a (properly) rebuilt engine, it fitted and the issues sorted, then £40K for a good car, to use as opposed to an investment, seems like a good deal.
However the conda green 2.2T sold by Terry Allen was in excellent condition, original colour, matching numbers, lots of continuous history, ran like a dream, was a get in and drive it way car and was in the same 'ball park' price wise, makes this car as far as I can tell a bit of a leap of faith...

All the best
Ian F.

Gone but not forgotten
72 2.4 T in Sepia (Charlie)
60s, 70s, 80s, 90s & 00s Alfas
Caterhams (one fast & one very Fast!)
and a few old Lotus.

Still with us
997 C2S (Alice) & M&W 550 Spyder (Lil Caesar)
IanMcLeod
DDK rules my life!

Post by IanMcLeod »

The 2.2T ticked all the boxes for a buyer these days and I am not suprised it sold as fast as it did. I didn't even see it up for sale and would have tried to buy it if I had.

Ian.
A sponge and a rusty spanner

2.4E RHD, 2.4E RHD, 993 Carrera RHD
Tosh
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by Tosh »

Sam wrote:

We've never had half-percent interest rates before and we've never had an international market for mid-range classics before.

The guy who buys a classic instead of shares purely as an investment will bail quickly, just like last time, but the guy who has put £50k of his £400k savings into a car because he's getting naff all interest and actually wants a lovely car won't panic sell if things soften, he'll just keep the car.

I'm not saying prices won't drop, they might, especially at the £200k+ price point, but we're not talking a collapse.

Sooo, leave cash in the bank and wait for some Government to tax/take/steal/sequester a chunk of it to bail out the banks or buy something you can touch and store well away from a bank computer...?
02 986 Boxster
68 T Sporto (sold)
91 964 C2 Tip (sold)
PSut
DDK forever

Post by PSut »

This reminds me I need to sort out the "agreed valuation" with my insurance.
Are we saying the long nose 911 market has moved up in the past 18 months perhaps 10% ?
squirejo
DDK forever

Post by squirejo »

And..........

All the adverts have vanished. Did anyone buy it?

I viewed the car and did a lot of due diligence. Phil Raby was patient and very helpful. And in the end I offered £25,500 which was the price at which i felt incentivised and happy to take some risk and put time and money into rebuilding and reinstalling the original 2.2 engine. That offer was turned down with the vendor sticking to 30k.

Onwards!
1970 911 2.2 S
2004 996 GT3 mk II
Renault 5 GT Turbo
BMW i3 REX
Jaguar F-Pace S 3.0 supercharged.
McLaren 12C spider
964RS

Post by 964RS »

well he has a 1975 2.7 now.....

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/ ... 75/1195087

I was surprised to find that the 1975 Porsche 911 2.7 is a rare car. With essentially the same engine as the legendary Carrera 2.7

:shock: :shock:

You learn something new every day...
----------------------------------------------------
Jason
https://www.SweepingHand.co.uk
Rolex & Omega Watch Purchases & Sales

Sam

Post by Sam »

Shame.

Replace the centre of the seats and that could be a very cool car, but a misunderstanding of the absolute basics doesn't fill you with confidence that the rest of the ad is accurate.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.