Off topic watch chat for the horologists out there

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Disco
DDK rules my life!

Post by Disco »

Fitz wrote:No, the Zodiac killer wore a Zodiac SeaWolf...like the one I wear! :wink:
Gulp! - not anywhere near any school buses are you :shock:
Fitz
DDK above all

Post by Fitz »

Just don't go out alone at night in the wilds of Essex :) ...actually that's probably good advice at any time! :wink:

Cool watch Bootsy 8) , were you going to do a special DDK price for the Zodiac?
Anthony.

'66 RHD 912
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Always happy to do a deal for a DDKer!
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Fitz
DDK above all

Post by Fitz »

I've just purchased the Zodiac Chrono on the previous page from Bootsy (thanks Thomas, it arrived this morning. It is a thing of beauty, much more delicate looking than I imagined but truly gorgeous 8) .

The PO certainly liked making notes in his paperwork, didn't he? :lol:

I'll sort out getting my Sea Wolf up to you shortly.
Anthony.

'66 RHD 912
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Fitz wrote:I've just purchased the Zodiac Chrono on the previous page from Bootsy (thanks Thomas, it arrived this morning. It is a thing of beauty, much more delicate looking than I imagined but truly gorgeous 8) .

The PO certainly liked making notes in his paperwork, didn't he? :lol:

I'll sort out getting my Sea Wolf up to you shortly.
Good news.
Yes, previous owner was studious!
Not often you get a full set like that particular one.
Regards
Thomas

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
rvzz
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by rvzz »

There's a 'Watch Special ' in the Times today , quiet interesting in places.
Russ...

'73E 3.0

Clean living under difficult circumstances
Jasper
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Damaged a Chopard

Post by Jasper »

I dropped a Chopard and took it apart, but my fingers are too big to work on it. I would like to fix it myself and it is running perfectly only to put back the numerals on the face. Any ideas ?

Rds
Rds,
Jasper
Email :denisamurphy@gmail.com
97 993C4S,64 356C,9112.7 RS clone,03Manthey K410 GT3,70 2.2 E,86 32 Coupe,66 230SL,70 E type 4.2,03BMW E46M3, 981 3.4S PDK, VW Touareg 3.0TDI..2 Scotties, 22 Aquador.
scalino65
DDK rules my life!

IWC

Post by scalino65 »

Would anyone have any suggestions as to where the best deal might be available on either a new IWC mkxvi or even a used one?
Many thanks
Will
smallspeed
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Re: Damaged a Chopard

Post by smallspeed »

Jasper wrote:I dropped a Chopard and took it apart, but my fingers are too big to work on it. I would like to fix it myself and it is running perfectly only to put back the numerals on the face. Any ideas ?

Rds
i had a whole lume marker drop off a watch face and was able to reapply it with a tiny amount of glue, applied with a cocktail stick, and some tweezers.. otherwise, find a decent local watch maker; you'll be surprised how cheap they can fix that sort of thing!
chris68
DDK slapper chatter

Watch Movement

Post by chris68 »

Dear All,

Can anyone help me find a watch movement type Miyota 4R20? I need one for a ladies rotary watch I bought for my wife shortly after we met (a good few years ago).

Can anyone suggest where I might find one?

Thanks,
Chris
'68 swb 911L
'62 Lotus 22
100cc Historic Karts
Mitch
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Hublot Black One Million

Post by Mitch »

Not for me... or my budget :wink: but yours for a cool $1m :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZRAbAXU ... r_embedded
smallspeed
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Re: Watch Movement

Post by smallspeed »

chris68 wrote:Dear All,

Can anyone help me find a watch movement type Miyota 4R20? I need one for a ladies rotary watch I bought for my wife shortly after we met (a good few years ago).

Can anyone suggest where I might find one?

Thanks,
Chris
do you need a complete movement or is the one in there just dead? try cousinsuk, they may be able to get one for you (their online catalogue is not a great representation of what they stock / can get hold of)

www.cousinsuk.com

alternatively give a local watch maker a ring; most parts are usually available for movements and its not always sensible to buy a NOS movement (that will likely need a service) when you can get a repair and service done for the same or less money
abm914
Events Organiser

Re: IWC

Post by abm914 »

scalino65 wrote:Would anyone have any suggestions as to where the best deal might be available on either a new IWC mkxvi or even a used one?
Many thanks
Will
You could try the TZ forum for used ones:
http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/

Plenty of places sell new ones:

http://www.watches.co.uk
http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/IWC-Watche ... 4QodNFXVAg

Hope this helps

Ad
jury
I need to get out more!

Post by jury »

Sadly I was back in the UK last week for my Uncles funeral. As a kid I always remembered my Uncle wearing 'a big silver watch with a blue face'. The watch (Seiko) was found and I now have it safely at home. Its a bit battered....strap broken, face scratched, date and day stuck....but it doesn't matter, just to have it is the important bit to me...Don't know what year it is or the model, but I am guessing early 70's

Also in my Uncles bedside drawer was an original Seiko Quartz LC digital circa '78ish.....love it and the light still works :)

And finally it was my Birthday yesterday, Mrs Jury bought me this. One handed Defakto, maybe not for the traditionalists but I really like the look and simplicity.....just need to master telling the time with it :lol:

Chris
# 465

1967 912 Polo Red
1968 912/11 RAL 7001 ' MOD ROD '
1990 964 C2 Velvet Red
1991 VW Vanagon GL (SOLD - Vanagone)
2017 Coleman CT200U

“It’s not where you’re from, it's where you’re at”
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

jury wrote:Sadly I was back in the UK last week for my Uncles funeral. As a kid I always remembered my Uncle wearing 'a big silver watch with a blue face'. The watch (Seiko) was found and I now have it safely at home. Its a bit battered....strap broken, face scratched, date and day stuck....but it doesn't matter, just to have it is the important bit to me...Don't know what year it is or the model, but I am guessing early 70's

Also in my Uncles bedside drawer was an original Seiko Quartz LC digital circa '78ish.....love it and the light still works :)

And finally it was my Birthday yesterday, Mrs Jury bought me this. One handed Defakto, maybe not for the traditionalists but I really like the look and simplicity.....just need to master telling the time with it :lol:

Chris
Sorry to hear about your uncle. Nice to have his watch as a memento.

It's a 6139

Have a look on the caseback and there will be a model number 6139-XXXX

You should be able to date it within a month using this Seiko Database tool

Follow the link to download a spreadsheet at the bottom of this thread http://www.thewatchforum.co.uk/index.ph ... 3736&st=30