Off topic watch chat for the horologists out there

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

mrg3.6
DDK rules my life!

Post by mrg3.6 »

Bootsy wrote: That particular pair sold for just under £2500 - If one had been a MonteCarlo timer of a similar era and condition you could pay £3000 plus up to anywhere as much as £4000
Looks like I may need to set up a production line in Bangkok then :(

Thx

Martin
Winston Teague
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Winston Teague »

Any suggestions for a source of a good quality leather strap for my wife's Zeno, width across pin 13mm? all the best, W
Winston
'61 356 BT5 & a lot of broken chain driven stuff
Marco @ TLG
DDK Fanatic

Post by Marco @ TLG »

I love watches and, like Porsches, I find myself attracted to the older hardware.

I've only ever purchased one significant timepiece - 2010 Longines Flagship - the rest have managed to find their way to me as either gifts or heirlooms.

First is the Flagship which I purchased as a gift to myself for my 30th birthday.

Next is an early 1950s Omega Seamaster Automatic w/date. This watch was my grandfather's and I found it in his effects after he passed away. It is the prize of my collection and my favorite to wear.

Last is my Accutron (I forget what year it is). This was a gift from a long-time Porsche buddy who got sick of me complimenting his Accutron.

-Marco
1974 911
hot66

Post by hot66 »

Last time I owned a 'digital watch ' was about 25 years ago :shock: ....... and then yesterday this arrived from the US :)

GW6900A-7CR ( multi-band atomic & solar )

forgot how much fun G-shocks are :drunken: Might be at the top of another slippery slope :shock: :)

I have a feeling Jason will be so proud of this new addition ;)
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
964RS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 964RS »

As you know James, I'm not talking to you anymore.

Please send your Rolex questions from now on to wibblewibblewibble@ivelostmymarbles.com
----------------------------------------------------
Jason
https://www.SweepingHand.co.uk
Rolex & Omega Watch Purchases & Sales

Mitch
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by Mitch »

I'm not a watch expert... but got sent this link to a reissued 1960's Chinese Pilots watch http://www.seagull1963.com/

Judging by the price it's probably not up to much but I think it looks kinda cool and some nice touches, straps, clasps etc.

ImageImage
smallspeed
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Post by smallspeed »

Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

964RS wrote:As you know James, I'm not talking to you anymore.

Please send your Rolex questions from now on to wibblewibblewibble@ivelostmymarbles.com
Agreed Jason, James' behaviour is quite out of character.

I'm tempted to take further action but am putting it down to a late night, wine, beer and the internet.
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
mycar

Post by mycar »

hot66 wrote: Image
Well James, you`ll look a bobby dazzler with that hanging off your arm. :laughing3:

Mike.
hot66

Post by hot66 »

you're all just jealous you can't pull off such a classy look with a bit of white plastic strapped to your wrist :lol:
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Though I'd share a new arrival with you all.

As many of you are aware I'm strictly a vintage Heuer man with little else making my eye wander.

Well, almost........

There's a group of watches that are often referred to as a 'Poor Mans Heuer' - chronographs that Heuer manufactured for other brands, where the other brand was less expensive than the comparable Heuer.

Not used in a derogatory sense but by means of a name for these watches sold by the likes of Aristo, Clebar, Hamilton, LeJour and in this case Zodiac

This particular model is from 1974 and came to me with it's inner and outer box, all papers, price tag hanger and even the original receipt from 1974.

It's in lovely condition - the dial and hands are fantastic and in perfect condition.

A couple of iphone shots to share.

1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Disco
DDK rules my life!

Post by Disco »

Bootsy wrote:Though I'd share a new arrival with you all.

As many of you are aware I'm strictly a vintage Heuer man with little else making my eye wander.

Well, almost........

There's a group of watches that are often referred to as a 'Poor Mans Heuer' - chronographs that Heuer manufactured for other brands, where the other brand was less expensive than the comparable Heuer.

Not used in a derogatory sense but by means of a name for these watches sold by the likes of Aristo, Clebar, Hamilton, LeJour and in this case Zodiac

This particular model is from 1974 and came to me with it's inner and outer box, all papers, price tag hanger and even the original receipt from 1974.

It's in lovely condition - the dial and hands are fantastic and in perfect condition.

with the mark of the zodiak killer? - have you had it DNA tested?

very nice by the way
Disco
DDK rules my life!

Post by Disco »

Bootsy wrote:Though I'd share a new arrival with you all.

Well, almost........

with the mark of the zodiak killer? - have you had it DNA tested?

very nice by the way
Fitz
DDK above all

Post by Fitz »

No, the Zodiac killer wore a Zodiac SeaWolf...like the one I wear! :wink:
Anthony.

'66 RHD 912
mycar

Post by mycar »