Ferryman Madden = media whore!

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Ferry Man
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Ferry Man »

left4dead wrote:Well done to the photographer who took the shot.
Top quality work from Matt Howell. 8)
left4dead wrote:Was he using your camera, Paul?
I've been photographing that car for 5 years now and within 30 minutes he's outdone every one of my shots.
I'm a broken man.... :( :lol:
Paul

'74 Porsche 911 Carrera 2.7 (MFI) - Lime Green
'94 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 (993) - Mexico Blue
Sam

Post by Sam »

I'm sorely tempted to ditch C&SC & sign up to Octane on the strength of that cover.
I would. Octane is *always* fantastic. Full of glorious cars I'll never be able to buy and tales of them driving round places I'll never get to. Proper lustworthy stuff. C&SC is a bit too sensible and accessible to be mouthwatering IYSWIM.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
left4dead

Post by left4dead »

Sam @ PS Autoart wrote:...Full of glorious cars I'll never be able to buy and tales of them driving round places I'll never get to.
Just the sort of thing to enhance my misery.... thanks for the recommendation, Sam! :wink: :lol:
Steve

1 x '67S, 3 x 2.4S all RHD

A privilege & pleasure to have owned them all.
roy mawbey
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by roy mawbey »

Paul with your photographic skills how do you think I feel with my little digital when you say you are broken man? I tried 15 times to catch one of my young grandson's smiling missed it every time!

Paul Vernon is correct in saying his car and the work he did should be in a magazine. Its a fantastic looking car that would be well worth reading the story on.

Roy
RHD 356A coupe super 75 106954
scotal
DDK Fanatic

Post by scotal »

left4dead wrote:
Sam @ PS Autoart wrote:...Full of glorious cars I'll never be able to buy and tales of them driving round places I'll never get to.
Just the sort of thing to enhance my misery.... thanks for the recommendation, Sam! :wink: :lol:
Octane is much more "aspirational" than C&SC. I like it, for the same reasons Sam states.
Its less down to earth as a magazine, but usually an good read.
(I've seen it knocked for being too aspirational as well)
Gary71

Post by Gary71 »

Just picked a copy in the works shop, great article and pics! :)

Octane is definitely aspirational, and C&SC and Classic Car very much the middle ground, with Practicle Classics sweeping up the bottom 8)

Hence Paul's car is in Octane, and mine was in Classic Car... :wink:
mycar

Post by mycar »

scotal wrote: Octane is much more "aspirational" than C&SC. )
Indeed. Last month for example there was a full page article about Speedo trunks. Apparently the budgie smugglers are back in fashion.

It`s good to know these things.

Mike.
Mike Usiskin
DDK rules my life!

Post by Mike Usiskin »

Err sorry Paul, I don't recall giving Octane permission to feature My car!!!! Wonderful car that one, Looks far better with a healthy coating of French road dust I must say :shock: not slow either, though of course I never got out of 3rd, apart from Mulsanne (which is different officer),

Brilliant car matched only by it's owner, knights of the road.

m
former owner, still hoping to be reunited with my STOLEN 1972 911T/E 2.4 . Keep looking guys

No Hydrocarbons were hurt in the sending of this mail. Thanks