DDK addict

RS Replica

Post by Rupsol »

Nick could you PM me what the problems were? Or you Ian if you dont mind thanks
Rupsol
DDK addict

RS Replica

Post by Rupsol »

Disco - do you remember what that Yellow early car was advertised for?
miles5
Married to the DDK

Post by miles5 »

That was my car - still can't quite believe I have let it go, but I am taking a Porsche break and trying something else

Now at Paul Stephens
http://www.paul-stephens.com/for-sale/P ... ht-RS/2100

Talk to Sam there is you are interested.
1971 911T (RS rep) (Sold)
1969 912 (LWB) (Sold)
1992 964 C4
1963 E Type S1 FHC
1975 Land Rover SIII
2011 Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE
2000 Mercedes Benz SLK 230 Kompressor
Rupsol
DDK addict

RS

Post by Rupsol »

Nice car miles - out of my price range i am afraid
Disco
DDK rules my life!

Post by Disco »

how good are you with a spanner?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0420452939

could be nice, especially if the engine is the original RS one? - again I speaking personally, not knowing a stitch about the things !
Highfield
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Highfield »

Disco wrote:how good are you with a spanner?

could be nice, especially if the engine is the original RS one? - again I speaking personally, not knowing a stitch about the things !
This is the one that Nick went to see and wasn't smitten !

Does it have the original Type 911/83 engiine though - worth it for that ???

Ian
Ian Highfield
Pre 73 1964 Alfa Giulia Sprint GT MSA Category 1 Rally Car
1992 964 C2 with RS Suspension setup and Sport Interior - SOLD
1973 911T (2.7 Carrera engine and loads of period mods - all steel) - SOLD
1986 Carrera Coupe (256bhp) - SOLD
Rupsol
DDK addict

RS replica

Post by Rupsol »

[quote="Disco"]how good are you with a spanner?

could be nice, especially if the engine is the original RS one? - again I speaking personally, not knowing a stitch about the things ![/quote]

can take stuff apart...lose bits...and use spanners to hit things :lol: Perhaps I should avoid a project.
Rupsol
DDK addict

Post by Rupsol »

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply but I had a lot of work in the past days at my job and this is the time when I could verify my mailbox, so I hope you still preserve interest for my car.
The PORSCHE 911 CARRERA is in perfect working condition, I'm the first owner, it has no scratches, no damage, it does not require any repairs and no one ever smoked in the car. All service has been performed by dealer. All maintenance is documented. The price I am looking for the car is £9,000 including the shipping costs if necessary, insurance and handling. I will give you the car with all the documents that you need including the title. E-mail me so we can discuss more.

Regards,
James

Had this email in response to enquirey I made for a 911 in London. Scam or what?
KS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by KS »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That has to be so fake it makes a £50 Rolex look kosher!

Tell you what, let us have his e-mail and we can bombard him with ever increasing offers. that ought to confuse him… :drunken:
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
Disco
DDK rules my life!

Post by Disco »

KS wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That has to be so fake it makes a £50 Rolex look kosher!

:
my Dad bought his Rolex for 50 quid... back in the 50's... :) - sadly it wasnt a daytona, apparently - so he says, no one wanted them back then...
Rupsol
DDK addict

RS Replica

Post by Rupsol »

Having been to see the arly white car above I have decided to buy a good 911sc and go through the backdate process over a period of time. I would be interested in your views on the values of a good solid SC? The prices seem wildly inconsistent.
sladey

Post by sladey »

You should join and post on impact bumpers - you'll get plenty of help there as well
The simple things you see are all complicated
I look pretty young but I'm just backdated yeah
Sam

Re: RS Replica

Post by Sam »

Rupsol wrote:Having been to see the arly white car above I have decided to buy a good 911sc and go through the backdate process over a period of time. I would be interested in your views on the values of a good solid SC? The prices seem wildly inconsistent.
A super shiny 204 SC coupe makes up to £20k, a shed as low as £3k.

I would suggest getting something very solid and mechanically nice but with mismatched paint and a tatty interior. Once you've fitted the panels you'll have to paint the whole car anyway and the interior will go in the bin too. £10k - £12k ought to do it nicely, maybe less if you're lucky. Just be very careful not to get a rotten one that ends up costing more than the purchase price to put right - have any purchase properly inspected.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
mk1gaz
DDK addict

Post by mk1gaz »

Hi , i was in the same positon as you 5 years ago . I wanted the early car body with a 1980's engine transplant as the early engines are slower and more troublesome compared to the 1980's engines . Unless you spend a fortune every 1970's 911 will be rusty so don't worry too much or else you'll never buy anything !!!!! Most 1980's cars are rotten as well so you can't win . :lol:
All panels are available from the USA and fitting them isn't as hard as people make out . My local bodyshop replaced the whole front petrol tank support/floor section on mine as it was rotten and he said it was easy , mine was his 1st 911 . Rust is rust at the end of the day weither it's a Mini or a Porsche , chop it out and weld in a new panel if need be .
Most people will run a mile when they see rust but that means you'll be able to buy one cheap and fix it up over a long period . Get a rusty one and do the MOT bits 1st so you can drive it . Don't worry about bubbling doors , wings , rear 1/4's panels , patchy paintwork etc etc as that don't stop you driving it . Failing that go for a minter and get £40,000+ ready :shock: