Anybody in London tomorrow???

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

abm914
Events Organiser

Anybody in London tomorrow???

Post by abm914 »

For work or (dare I say it on such a capitalist owners website) for the G20 demos?

If you are - be careful out there :)
satan
DDK above all

Post by satan »

Yep, in the city at my desk now wearing a suit. Unfortunately my three-piece and bowler hat weren't tailored in time.
1971 911e
chickybok
DDK Fanatic

Post by chickybok »

I've never seen so many police. must of walked passed 30 vans and so many bikes. At least it made all the cyclists stop at the traffic lights!!!
ninetenths
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by ninetenths »

Ordered to stay at home 8)
Back in the day I might have gone along to maintain the Great British Publics right to peaceful protest but the thought of being "Kettled" for hours holds no attraction so Im going to the beach instead.
KTM 690 SMC
Volvo V70
Defender 110
empty space for a 911 T in an underground carpark in Stockwell
Disco
DDK rules my life!

Post by Disco »

I'm photcopying £50 notes as I write.....
satan
DDK above all

Post by satan »

Disco wrote:I'm photcopying £50 notes as I write.....
:lol:

Now those were the days, no LIFFE floor to throw them off any more though. I thought €500 notes would better show us embracing the common market...
1971 911e
Disco
DDK rules my life!

Post by Disco »

something I was sent yesterday: - makes an amusing read.

Naturally, media attention will be less worried about IMF funding and the like, and much more focused on the hordes of the great unwashed who will descend on our glorious capital city to protest against those whose taxes pay their benefit cheques. I have been sincerely hoping that the City starts to stand up for itself against the torrent of ignorant abuse being hurled in its direction, and this week seems as good a time to start as any. I don’t know about you, but my fondest memory of the last time the proles invaded the City is of the LIFFE boys leaning out of their windows waving handfuls of £50 notes at the peasantry and crying ‘Look at my wad!’, in affectionate tribute to Lord Harry of Enfield. The subsequent defence of the LIFFE escalators by a handful of traders armed with nothing more than some Basildon street-fighting skills also ranks as one of my favourite beardie-bashing episodes and I hope that people of that calibre are still to be found in the City’s hostelries. I’m not condoning violence, of course, but if blood has to be spilt, let’s hope it seeps out over a sandal, not a Church’s brogue
58A - 71E
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by 58A - 71E »

Disco wrote:Naturally, media attention will be less worried about IMF funding and the like, and much more focused on the hordes of the great unwashed who will descend on our glorious capital city to protest against those whose taxes pay their benefit cheques. I have been sincerely hoping that the City starts to stand up for itself against the torrent of ignorant abuse being hurled in its direction, and this week seems as good a time to start as any. I don’t know about you, but my fondest memory of the last time the proles invaded the City is of the LIFFE boys leaning out of their windows waving handfuls of £50 notes at the peasantry and crying ‘Look at my wad!’, in affectionate tribute to Lord Harry of Enfield. The subsequent defence of the LIFFE escalators by a handful of traders armed with nothing more than some Basildon street-fighting skills also ranks as one of my favourite beardie-bashing episodes and I hope that people of that calibre are still to be found in the City’s hostelries. I’m not condoning violence, of course, but if blood has to be spilt, let’s hope it seeps out over a sandal, not a Church’s brogue
LMAO :lol:
James

'58 356A 1600n
'71 911E 2,2

satan
DDK above all

Post by satan »

Genius!

You'd have thought the soap-dodgers would have learned from the last time they tried this:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u ... 515384.ece

“The violence was instant”
1971 911e
chickybok
DDK Fanatic

Post by chickybok »

They closed Primrose hill due to it being the ideal place to fire a rocket launcher from!
jamie
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by jamie »

Disco wrote:proles
Public school terminology in full effect. BOOM!
'68 912
ninetenths
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by ninetenths »

Inverse Snobbery is equally as sad as Snobbery.
KTM 690 SMC
Volvo V70
Defender 110
empty space for a 911 T in an underground carpark in Stockwell
Mike Usiskin
DDK rules my life!

Post by Mike Usiskin »

lol It was nice to be able to shoot, get a coffee and then go back to shooting. S'what they need in Kandahar, starbucks on every corner :lol: :lol:

and I thought i'd retired :roll:
former owner, still hoping to be reunited with my STOLEN 1972 911T/E 2.4 . Keep looking guys

No Hydrocarbons were hurt in the sending of this mail. Thanks

Gary71
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Gary71 »

It was interesting to see the photo on the BBC site of a man kicking the window of RBS completely and utterly surrounded by photographers to capture the moment!

Did he let you know when it was going to happen so you could pop out of Starbucks for a moment? :lol:
Luke
DDK rules my life!

Post by Luke »

It was dress down here and to be honest other than noticing a lot more people in jeans on the walk to work the whole thing didn't affect me at all, I guess I get to work before these guys get out of bed, and go home after their curfews are in place…

As Gary points out the most interesting thing for me was the number of photographers in the front lines of the melee watching people beat up the RBS branch, do these photographers exempt themselves from having a civil conscience just because they hide behind a lens? You would have though maybe one would have said "come on lads calm down" at least...

Anyway, all back to normal in the City now (other than the sea of denim in the office) the protestors have had their say (it fell on exceptionally deaf ears in the Square Mile but might make a difference who knows?) and Barack has pledged to save the world, which is nice….
Porscheless but still aircooled