Early porsche silverstone track day 28th july

Here you will find an archive of previous Porsche Events and other car related events

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, drummerboytom, abm914

912uk
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 912uk »

jamie wrote:Reality check in progress.

I'm pleased to see I'm not the only one who can't come to terms with paying
£300 for a single track day.
I also back up Jamie on this as well, so poss it's best to make the Pre 73 day every two years? just a thought..not the same as CLM BTW.

If I had deaper pockets ( or clients that paid and I don't have to take to small claims, another matter credit crunch as arrived :evil: ) I would be more than willing.. but this year more than anything is the car it's self.. it's alot to ask a car to do 1000 miles in 2 weeks on a spare engine.. :roll:
early2.2S
DDK addict

Post by early2.2S »

Bootsy,
Blurb coming - Steve K is emailing me so will send on once i have it.
Thanks
Stuart
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

early2.2S wrote:Bootsy,
Blurb coming - Steve K is emailing me so will send on once i have it.
Thanks
Stuart

Received and mailed to all the happy DDK Database.
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
jonny911
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by jonny911 »

It is unfortunate that the pre 1974 Silverstone day is so close to CLM.
But due to my bad planning I will be attending the Silverstone day and not the CLM. I am hoping to pick up my new to me 2.4T from Alan at Canford Classics. Should happen in the next few days, can`t wait! and bring it with me to Silverstone. I was looking forward to meeting and driving with those of you with early cars. I hope the early car drivers take up the remaining places before they are filled with later cars as they are so much faster than the pre 74 cars.
I fear that if this doesn`t happen Porsche club GB will think long and hard before they organise the event again.
My partner Louise is looking forward to driving the early car at Silverstone, but feels that as a novice if there are too many new cars she will be spending most of here time off the racing line letting them pass.
So come on you early drivers get your £300 out and fill those places.
964 RS lightweight
1972 2.4 T