Sports seats

For classic Porsche 911 content

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Barry, Viv_Surby, Derek, Mike Usiskin

mycar
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by mycar »

I could take these incorrect seats off your hands which would in turn give you some money towards the frames you need. :wink:

Regards, Mike.
912uk

Post by 912uk »

those ones of Mikes there look easy enough to make. Nothing I haven't made before..Just a case of the sizes. Also those flat bars with the up turned seat belt mounts I have made mine for the 12.

I am supprised these have not been made before as it's a case of gearing up to supply the market and there is a demand.

interesting stuff.. If I had more time and the space I could make some of those.

I am going tohave to sell my Recaro seat as I am not going to use it ..
101sinbad
Married to the DDK

Post by 101sinbad »

if its a lwb seat, let me know :wink:
912uk

Post by 912uk »

I just found these in my shed..

the black bars four of them 2 sets.

I bought them to be able to fit narrow seats in my car anyway didn't use them.. Can't thing who sold them new.. but they are new so if any one wants to make an offer if they can use them
912uk

Post by 912uk »

101sinbad wrote:if its a lwb seat, let me know :wink:
Scotland Mike has first dibs at the mo..

looks like this..

bought 1972 used for 2 1/2 years in a RHD 912 and then taken out and put in his workshop so like new.. very if any wear..
Lightweight_911

Post by Lightweight_911 »

Serhad - swb Recaro sport seats/runners/tilting frames will fit straight into a lwb model without any modifications.

The only problem is the missing lower halves of your runners & the tilting frames - just a case of ££££....

However, since they will need re-upholstering anyway, it might be as cheap (or should that be expensive!) to sell yours & buy a pair of refurbished lwb sport seats including the correct frames.

Bear in mind though that whichever of the two options you go for your car will be slower after installation - due to the collossal weight of those 'sport' (?!) seats... :wink:
Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
101sinbad
Married to the DDK

Post by 101sinbad »

Looks like I need to lose some weight Andy :shock:
Alan @ CanfordClassics

Post by Alan @ CanfordClassics »

A LWB tilting frame is 10kg on its own... Andy is right they are heavy. I sent some to the US recently and hence had to weight them.

Alan
http://www.canfordclassics.co.uk
Porsche Restoration & Sales
911_2.2T
DDK Fanatic

Post by 911_2.2T »

LWB tiltingframes can be reproduced, but its a lot of work, hence expensive. For the sliders you can just use the LWB standard seat sliders that you have to modify. I've had a set reproduced for personal use, but I'm not making a business out of it, there is nothing to gain. The guy that made these for me is doing this as a time killer, but it takes him months to build a set. (He is an elderly guy that still likes to do something sometimes if he is up to it :? )
http://picasaweb.google.com/alex.assink ... 5564401250

SWB tiltingframes are a piece of cake to reproduce compared to the LWB :-)
The bigger problem with the SWB seats is that a lot of them are missing the inner slider on the bottom of the seat. I think you can slide in a SWB standard seat slider, but you have to weld a backingplate that has the mounting holes for the frame on it, to make it strong enough. Carving out the locking holes on one of the inner sliders, you can do with a dremel.