Winchester Run on Saturday Pictures are up.....

For you flat four Porsche 912 fanatics

Moderators: Miggs, KS

912uk
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Winchester Run on Saturday Pictures are up.....

Post by 912uk »

Spoke with Dan and we where thinking of doing a little run and if the weather is nice a photo or two up in Winchester villages..

any one up for this.. looking to be 1-2pm ish
Last edited by 912uk on Sat May 10, 2008 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
markh
DDK slapper chatter

Post by markh »

Definitely would like to be involved in this.
dlampard
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by dlampard »

Will hopefully leave work on time to meet you all at Tesco's petrol forecourt about 1:30 - 2:00pm. Be the first time this year of using the car - hope things are ok.
912uk

Post by 912uk »

yep any one else want to come along...

I think you Winchester boys are best leading the way as you guys know the area more..
912uk

Post by 912uk »

Well it went ok, apart from Dan and his troublesome engine. It will go again I am sure once you get it looked at by Barry.

Well it was too short but I think we should do it again some time..

Some great country roads a number of times I knew where I was.. I do think we should get more poeple to come along next time for sure..

here are some photo's one or two I think are contenders for the 2009 DDK calenda

Nice to meet MarkH with this car.. nothing wrong with that motor ran as good as gold.. so we should be seeing more of you on these runs then :wink:

I had fun with my bonnet popping up twice!! will have another look at that again!!!

912uk

Post by 912uk »

dlampard
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by dlampard »

Great pictures....Would have been good with that 4th 912....Hopefully get it running properly soon. Charging up the battery tonight and will give it another go tomorrow.
Good to see some new faces. Hopefully another run will happen soon.

Thanks again for your help Mark.
Evil J Guano
DDK forever

Post by Evil J Guano »

Great shots in the rapeseed!
Sweet...
Gavin Joule
hot66

Post by hot66 »

cool photos 8)

but I do hope no oilseed rape was hurt in the making of photos ... do you know how much its worth :shock: :roll:
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
912uk

Post by 912uk »

Do you know what James hand on heart I thought when I saw this field when we all went past it in a blur and I stopped to back up.. I thought when I parked it there. JAMES will tell me off for this.. 100% the truth and you have… :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To be honest Dougs car only on the track, Mark H’s car well that was already flat there and it is also where the tractor tracks where so it’s a cleaver positioning of his car to make it look like it.. mine well I did knock a few over the tracks where also on my side but they were alittle over grown so I am afraid to say about 4-5 plants where bent over for my car sorry… I am sure they will bounce back.. I certainly didn’t drive over any..

Thanks for the comments on the photo's am alittle shocked how they turned out.. I really wanted to take some pic's of my car in a field like this for years so the images have really bowled me over, It's this new camera I have, it's been out this world some of the shots of Luke have been almost pro looking, Expensive £600 but it's been a joy to keep bettering my self..

Image It's the 300 lens that I used on alot of the shots..

My New screen saver.. well pleased might make a poster out of it..

Four
Married to the DDK

Post by Four »

Mark,

Thanks for organising this Saturday run. Although it was brief it was extremely enjoyable and a delight to find some great quiet roads and villages.

Your photos are excellent and well woth stopping for. My carbs seem to have recovered from their hayfever!

Does anyone know where all this rape seed oil goes, apart from food products? I can't help imagining there's Euro lakes full of the stuff not processed.

Doug
Doug

ddk member # 1376

silver metallic -1966 912
continental orange 107 -1975 911 C3 sport
polar silver 92E -1995 968 sport - verkauft
Gary71

Post by Gary71 »

Some nice shots there 8)

These rape fields are rather scenic, although my hayfever was going nuts by the time I finished the set of pictures that go with this 8)

mycar

Post by mycar »

Gary71 wrote:
Now that is a great photo, is that straight from the camera or has it been photo shopped?

When I lean away from the screen the car just jumps out of the picture, ghostly like :)

Mike.
markh
DDK slapper chatter

Post by markh »

Was good to meet you Mark and Doug, sorry the drive couldn't have been a bit longer.

The photos turned out really good, that field was well spotted as we drove past!
bjmullan
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by bjmullan »

Cool pictures Mark 8)
Brendan
1969 911T
2007 2.7 Boxster

Pray, hope and don't worry - Padre Pio