this is what i ve been up to...outlaw turbo 912 anyone?

Ongoing and archived Porsche (and other marques) restoration threads from DDK members

Moderator: Bootsy

Rod 912
DDK Fanatic

Post by Rod 912 »

autohausdolby wrote:What brand are the Fuchs Rod?

hi matt, i dunno fella they were an ebay purchase, and not distinguishing marks either .....hope things are well with you catch up with you soon, if your ever popping by raceshack call in and have a crawl through it :alien:
autohausdolby
Married to the DDK

Post by autohausdolby »

Will do :)

Oh, and :lol: :lol: :lol: - I agree with 912uk
912uk wrote:Burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners

there I have said what I think :roll:
sladey
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by sladey »

Cool looking car so far - looking forward to seeing that engine
The simple things you see are all complicated
I look pretty young but I'm just backdated yeah
Racecraft76
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Racecraft76 »

Need to see this car finished. I have a feeling it may cause many a trouser accident among the red blooded Porsche enthusiasts. :lol:
1973 Porsche 914 1.7 (914 EWP) (sold)

A great big 914 shaped void.
autohausdolby
Married to the DDK

Post by autohausdolby »

Burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners burners
:P :lol:
Rod 912
DDK Fanatic

Post by Rod 912 »

:lol: :lol:

yup the burners are going to go on, ok, dont worry peeps i have been slaving away on the car, loads of going over old repairs and a general tidy up....and por-15 ing everything!!!, so not too exciting but it takes up alot of time.

I`m piecing it together at the moment, and it will (hopefully) be at the volksworld show on the vwdrc stand, it wont be completly finished and running, but there will be enough on it to give you the right idea.

oh......and i`ve been to neil melliards too (prosign), the race numbers and other bit s look awsome :wink:
ian c
DDK Fanatic

Post by ian c »

rod .
engine .
want .
price ?
Rod 912
DDK Fanatic

Post by Rod 912 »

ian c wrote:rod .
engine .
want .
price ?
:? ....price to build one or buy mine?...sorry its wont be for sale, i`m also re-building the original engine but with twin jenvey throttle bodies 8)

i can put you in touch with someone who can build you this set-up

....oh and i`ve just purchased something rarer than the burners (but they wont be sold either)

....all will be revealed soon....ish :P
cubist
The Fenland Feltcher

Post by cubist »

American racing? 8)
C U B I S T - 1 1 1 5

'83 Triumph Acclaim - 3sp Auto (cat D)
Singer 3232 - Titanium bobbin, Autothread
'67 Gresham Flyer - Puncture, rear
Sherbet Lemons - 4oz, loose
Motorola - PG 2000, locked
Nige

Post by Nige »

I reckon these rude boys would be the deal, original ones are rare as hen's teeth

Rod 912
DDK Fanatic

Post by Rod 912 »

cubist wrote:American racing? 8)
:lol: ....yup set of 5, with the proper early off-set .... i think i have some kind of wheel fetish :albino:
Rod 912
DDK Fanatic

Post by Rod 912 »

Nige wrote:I reckon these rude boys would be the deal, original ones are rare as hen's teeth

if i every find a set....they will be mine :lol:
Nige

Post by Nige »

check the light fittings in your local hostilery, finding a matching set could be a problem
cubist
The Fenland Feltcher

Post by cubist »

Rod 912 wrote:
:lol: ....yup set of 5, with the proper early off-set .... i think i have some kind of wheel fetish :albino:
It was YOU that beat me to the buggers then! They'll look really trick against the black. Polished lip and natural cast centres... :wink:
C U B I S T - 1 1 1 5

'83 Triumph Acclaim - 3sp Auto (cat D)
Singer 3232 - Titanium bobbin, Autothread
'67 Gresham Flyer - Puncture, rear
Sherbet Lemons - 4oz, loose
Motorola - PG 2000, locked
Rod 912
DDK Fanatic

Post by Rod 912 »

cubist wrote:
Rod 912 wrote:
It was YOU that beat me to the buggers then! They'll look really trick against the black. Polished lip and natural cast centres... :wink:

hmmm....maybe maybe not?!?......are you on about the ones that were on a KG?....if so its them....there is a set knocking around London that i know a few people are after, other than that there are 2 splittys (ricky james and steveo) that have a set...but aint selling

pm me if you wnat to know about the London set 8)