cookie cutter offsets

For classic Porsche 911 content

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Barry, Viv_Surby, Derek, Mike Usiskin

Andrew Ish
DDK Fanatic

cookie cutter offsets

Post by Andrew Ish »

Someone's bound to know this.

I'm looking for a spare set of wheels with the same dimensions as my 15" flat 6 Fuchs.

My preference would be a set of steels but given that cookie cutters seem to be pretty cheap this seems the way to go.

So.. if I go for a set of 6*15 cookie cutters will the offset be the same as the fuchs or do they vary?

I'm also assuming the cookie cutters are designed for tubeless tyres?

While I'm asking, would 6*15 steels be same offsets as Fuchs and suitable for tubeless tyres?

I'm starting to see cookie cutters on ebay but so far havent seen any steel wheels - how scarce are the steels and what sort of maney do they tend to go for.

Sorry for the spanish inquisition, just info hungry at the mo. :)

many thanks
Andrew
Andrew
1969 2.2T
Lightweight_911
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Lightweight_911 »

The 6" Cookie Cutters have an offset of 36mm - the same as 6x15" Fuchs.

The steel wheels, which were available in maximum width of 5.5", have an offset of 42mm.

Incidentally, the 5.5 x 15" steel wheel was the most commonly fitted spacesaver spare from the mid 70's to mid 80's.
Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
904GTS
Married to the DDK

Post by 904GTS »

Six inch steels were base car fitting for the German market for the long wheelbase cars, I use them on the rear of my 904, they were still available new from Porsche a couple of years ago, albeit pricey at around £200 each, they come up on ebay Germany from time to time usually with winter tyres fitted.

As Andy says the 5 1/2s were used for space savers, there are two offsets, and slightly different centre details dependent on if they come from the 911 or 944, some of the 944 wheels have two valve holes and are painted red oxide colour.

Digressing slightly, there was an original 904 at the Historic Motorsport Show last weekend which had what at first glance looked like chromed steel wheels but were in fact polished aluminium, has anyone seen these before ?
www.904GTS.com
www.technic-motorsport.com

Factory built Safari 2.7 RS
Too many projects not enough time !
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

904GTS wrote:Digressing slightly, there was an original 904 at the Historic Motorsport Show last weekend which had what at first glance looked like chromed steel wheels but were in fact polished aluminium, has anyone seen these before ?
I saw a picture of that on another forum. I haven't seen later fitment polished/ brushed alloys ones but I know KK does wide five ones. Well over £2K plus VAT though.

Alloy 356 Wheels, Fully polished or Brushed finish, 5 1/2 or 6 inch, Available for 356 A,B or C (Will fit 5 stud VW's too), CNC Centres and Spun Rims, Welded together. Set of 4

Price: £2,115.00 Including VAT at 17.5%
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Andrew Ish
DDK Fanatic

Post by Andrew Ish »

[quote="Lightweight_911"]The 6" Cookie Cutters have an offset of 36mm - the same as 6x15" Fuchs.
quote]

Great thanks for that, should make the search more straightforward

Andrew
Andrew
1969 2.2T