Brace bars

For all you Porsche 914 fanatics!

Moderators: drummerboytom, MdR

tomgoodwin3
DDK addict

Brace bars

Post by tomgoodwin3 »

Last post didn't work so here goes again.....

Does anybody know where I can get hold of any body brace bars for a 914? (the ones that bolt from the seat belt mount to the door hinge mount). I could fabricate I suppose.....

My car's gonna need some work done to the front end of the sills and I don't want to take any chances! :-)

Cheers.
Tom Goodwin

....currently car-less...deciding what to buy....
porker914
DDK forever

Post by porker914 »

Tom if you mean the brace bar that you will use to fit seat harnesses then you can either fabricate yourself or buy through pelican parts etc.

Where are you located as I fabricated my own and was going to make a batch in stainless if there was enough interest.

If you simply mean bars that will hold the car together as you strip the car down then fabricate bars it will be much cheaper and to be honest you can weld the bars direct to the body if you are doing a complete strip down and intend cutting alot of material out.

PM me if you are interested in details of the brace bar I can make.

David
1969 914 now crushed!!
1971 914 now sold
1973 914 now sold
1975 914 now sold
tomgoodwin3
DDK addict

Post by tomgoodwin3 »

Thanks for the reply, the bars I'm talking about are indeed those designed to stop the body falling to bits when doing repair work. There's only minor repair work required to the sills so they may not be necessary, I'll see.

Cheers.
Tom Goodwin

....currently car-less...deciding what to buy....