Classis Le Mans 2006 via Tunnel

Here you will find an archive of previous Porsche Events and other car related events

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, drummerboytom, abm914

bjmullan
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Classis Le Mans 2006 via Tunnel

Post by bjmullan »

I thought that it would be a good idea to start a new thread for all those people who will be travelling to Le Mans via the tunnel. The current list of interested people is: -

Brendan (bjmullan)
Mike (210bhp)
Phil (pmjt)
Tom (drummerboytom )
Tim (timwatsham)
Gary (Gary71)
bazz55

No timetable has been set as yet and I think the best idea is to wait until the New Year and see how many people we have and then agree time and route. Generally speaking we are looking to travel early Thursday down and Monday home. If you are interested just add you name to this post.
Last edited by bjmullan on Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Brendan
1969 911T
2007 2.7 Boxster

Pray, hope and don't worry - Padre Pio
timwatsham
DDK Fanatic

Post by timwatsham »

It would be interesting to see whether we could get the timing together to meet the other lot as they come down from the ferry, and do a big group convoy into Le Mans itself wouldn't it?

Do we need to book anything else up? Is it just the crossing at this stage? And then get the camping / parade lap things sorted later?
Tim
1969 911 E 2.0 now gone...
1972 911 T 2.4 gone too due to lack of garage
2001 BMW 530 DSE - motorway cruiser and excellent fun!
hot66

Post by hot66 »

the camping / Porsche parade laps / Porsche benefits are all part of the PCGB aranged tickets, announced in Jan PP
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
early_911
DDK forever

Post by early_911 »

Regarding the two groups hooking up . . . see page 12 of the other thread (suggest meeting at 'Sees'). Although due to timing (i.e. the ferry group will be there at 9am) it's been suggested the the tunnel lot could have a stop over half way down (perhaps a night out in Rouen)

Phil
willbrown
I luv DDK!

Post by willbrown »

I'm up for the tunnel, please add me to the list.

Cheers,
Will
'72 2.4S Targa
willbrown
I luv DDK!

Post by willbrown »

Brendan, et al.

Do you think it would be a good idea to book our tunnel tickets before PP details are known? I'm thinking demand = trouble getting tickets and since we know the dates already shouldn't we just book now or am I getting ahead of myself?

What do you reckon?...
'72 2.4S Targa
bjmullan
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by bjmullan »

At that time of year Eurotunnel will be running a minimum of 3 and up to 5 trains a hour so I think we should be ok until the New Year when we can all decided what the best time/route is.

You're all like big kids waiting for santa to come :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brendan
1969 911T
2007 2.7 Boxster

Pray, hope and don't worry - Padre Pio
willbrown
I luv DDK!

Post by willbrown »

Take your word for it chief 8)

And, yes; I think it would be fair to say that 'kids and sweet shop' is pretty much the feeling about classic Le Mans.
'72 2.4S Targa
willbrown
I luv DDK!

Post by willbrown »

Brendan,

Sorry to mess you about but can you take my name off the list. I've decided that the ferry will be a better option for me.

See you down there 8)

Will
'72 2.4S Targa
Gary71
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Gary71 »

Right then chaps. What's the plan? If you have one :lol:

Tunnel is favourite for me to as I hate ferrys! Guess we want to get a relatively early train on Thursday, but any ideas for coming back?

I imagine we will be trashed after the weekend so driving all the way back Sunday is probably a bad idea. What about finding somewhere cheap to stay maybe 200 miles away from Le Mans and stop for the night?

Any suggestions? I know nothing of France or Le Mans!!!

Can't wait!! 8)
210bhp

Post by 210bhp »

Rather than thrashing back to the channel on Monday along with thousands of other cars I had thought about making this the start of a short touring holiday in France. Had thought about going further south and exploring a bit. There is the chance of a large gite with pool available sleeping eight in sw france. Anybody else up for a mini porsche tour holiday along these lines?
Regards
Mike
bazz55
DDK slapper chatter

Post by bazz55 »

hi there people, just wondering what date and time you guys are thinking of catching the euro?? and where your meeting each other on the way?? was thinking of using the ferry but may now use the euro?? 8)

cheers bazz
Gary71

Post by Gary71 »

Hi Bazz,

Time v Cost for Thursday AM on the tunnel goes like this:

Midnight to 6:00am £44
6:00am to 8:00am £70
8:00am to 10:00am £57
10:00am to 12:00am £93

It's about 270 miles in France so with a stop we have got to be looking at about 4 hours I guess? :?: The others will be coming off the ferry at 7:15am and it's only 120 miles for them so if we want any chance of meeting up with them on route we will have to start pretty early!!! :)

Something like a 5:30am :shock: tunnel is looking possible. Although that is a VERY early start for our more Northern members. Any thoughts?
pmjt
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by pmjt »

Gary71 wrote:Something like a 5:30am :shock: tunnel is looking possible. Although that is a VERY early start for our more Northern members. Any thoughts?

Sorry - just back up to speed with this thread - I was thinking about crossing the night before and staying over in France near where the ferry boys will cross with our route?

p
Gary71

Post by Gary71 »

Sounds like a great plan, but due to the scale of the baby sitting p155 take I'm already doing for this 'weekend' :wink: I'm only going to be able to leave Crewe at around 7:00pm on Wednesday, this puts me in Ware to pick up Glenn at 9:30pm if I'm lucky, so my earliest tunnel could only be around midnight anyway :( Which kind of blows out any chance of getting to a place in France at any reasonable hour.

Real shame as I would love to convoy with a pair of RS (do they have collective noun :?: :wink: )