356 big European Trip

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: 356 big European Trip

Post by neilbardsley »

Well Prague has been very cool so far. Oil pressure connector fixed. 3 idle jets cleaned. The 4th one was a bit of a pain to completely get out so I left it. Indicator relay bracket tighten. On the first night the medieval banquet was good.

Last night got a bit messy and ended in a James Dean themed bar. Mrs B didn't get out of bed until after 12.

Now we are in a basement waiting to shoot some high powered guns!!ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my 22011119UY using Tapatalk

“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
Lightweight_911

Post by Lightweight_911 »

neilbardsley wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:15 pm
Last night got a bit messy and ended in a James Dean themed bar. Mrs B didn't get out of bed until after 12.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like you're having fun !!

Keep the updates coming ... 8)

Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Great stuff, apologies if we lost a few of your pics in the server move
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

AK47 and Glock. Am interesting experience. The last time I shot a gun was over 40 years ago when I lived in South Africa. To honest I wouldn't do it again. I found the power something I don't wish to have.

Yesterday during a boat tour we were reminded that unfortunately Prague had it own shooting horror recently.

ImageImage

“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Sadly leaving Prague Image

70sThrowback
DDK slapper chatter

Post by 70sThrowback »

love the updates Neil
Jonny

Current custodian of 1976 Porsche 912E, 1973 VW Camper
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

6 hours of trouble free motoring (long may it continue) and we are in Budapest. Eating Poke Bowls. At London prices. A very interesting mix of history and new

Jazz on a boat this evening. Let's see where the evening ends this time.

neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

So far Budapest has been fantastic. Tonight to twisted Jakki's arm and we are at the Opera. About the same price for a modest seat at the ROH as a private box here.

I started the evening with a healthy bowl of Rooster's testicles!

We also had an excellent food tour this morning. The guide was every entertaining and gave us lots of background on Hungarian politics and history. His daughter will be completing in the Paris Olympics in the Handball team.

Last night we had an excellent cruise and dinnerImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

anglophone1
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by anglophone1 »

Fabulous city Neil- what was the Opera?
C
Clive
West Cork, Ireland

RGruppe #814
1978 SC/1984 3.2 Outlaw -Jaffa 911
1973 914 - on Webers - historic rally car- Tango 914
1977 924 2.0 on Webers street legal race car - Martini 924
Flachbau -in progress
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Well interesting two short Opera's often performed together. I had watched before about a month ago but much better singing and staging this time.

Cavalleria started with a real horse on stage! Now that is brave.

Pagilacci was obviously the inspiration for one of my favourite Queen songs. It's a Hard life. Freddie was a big opera fan. You can hear the borrowed melody throughout the Opera

https://youtu.be/9HZ_ViircAk?si=OKDcNH9 ... 63d3ab.jpg[/IMG]

jeremyg
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by jeremyg »

Well. This trip has everything from Rooster’s testicles to grand opera, and Freddie Mercury thrown in for good measure. Never let it be said that Neil and Mrs B’s trips are anything but exotic. Keep the exotica coming Neil.
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

I got up about 7am and did my first run for a while. I think this was to make up for the very strange Jazz concert we went to last night. The Budapest Music Centre is a great venue with reasonably priced food and good seats for everyone. We got the last 2 seats available. On different but adjacent tables. I decided not to tell Mrs B this until we arrived. I calculated our chances of a least one of the two singles switching with us at 1-(.5^2) = 75%. Turned out the first people to arrive near us where a party of 3 so now 50% but this time we got lucky and we able to sit together. We then got talking to a very friendly couple from Oslo. Unfortunately, that was the highlight of the evening. The Jazz was too experimental for us. The couple next to us agreed and unfortunately other members of the audience had to work quite hard not to snigger. Well better luck next time. We will certainly be back to this amazing city ImageImageImage

neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

The journey to Vienna via Bratislava began at just before 9am. The car started well and we weaved our way out of the city. About 10 mins in Mrs B declared a strong smell of petrol and I had to agree. I pulled over and immediately noticed the newer fitted alloy fuel filter was leaking. Quite annoying since a month or two before the trip I had removed the reliable plastic filter. In fact I was so confident in the new filter I hadn't packed a spare. We had to remove all the tools from the car to confirm this. However, I did have a spare hose. I had stupidly given to 356 registry peer pressure. I tightened everything. This cured the leak. We carried on but once I tried to change into third it was clear the car was lacking power. I pulled over again and decided it was time to cut a new hose and remove the filter. Thankfully I noticed that just the filter element could be removed. Once again we were on our way but this time with a very nicely running car. Interesting about 20 mins later we stopped for a toilet break so I checked the alloy filter housing and it was quite warm. I will either put the plastic speedster me back or remove this extra filter. The car ran very well to Bratislava. ImageImage

neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Next we stopped for an hour walking tour in Bratislava. It's local Slovak name : Prešporok. Czechoslovakiaexisted from 1919-1993. Czeck and Slovak were merged after WW1 but the Slovaks decided to leave when they were given the opportunity. Previously it was part of the Hungarian Empire for 1000 years. The old town in Bratislava is pretty but small with a castle on the hill. Overall it confirmed my view from previous visit to the Tatra Mountains (14 years) ago. Outside the old town you are greeted by drab, Soviet style tower blocks. We enjoyed our visit but it was very busy with tourists so we continued on to Vienna.

The local saint is Mark. Who was a soldier that gave half his coat to a begger. The fountain in front of the opera commemorates a gods abduction of a child!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
hot66

Post by hot66 »

Great trip Neil Not a part of the world I’ve been too so great to see
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)