The DDK Nationals

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Spit Nolan
DDK slapper chatter

Re: The DDK Nationals

Post by Spit Nolan »

anglophone1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:28 am
anglophone1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:50 pm
Spit Nolan wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:34 pm Was about to say have spoken to Phil, and he is more than happy for us to have a National DDK meet up there, so now just need to sort a date, I like the idea of the Saturday before Boxengasse. Need to check if there are any clashes.

But Phil did point out that the AirCooled Appreciation Society is starting back up this weekend and is across all 3 sites, so try to get along if you can. It then moves back to its usual monthly Wednesday night ACAS meets.

So we’re on for a DDK Nationals! I shall get it sorted and post up details on here for you all to try and help get people to want to come along! :)
Having both events same weekend means that DDKers coming distance ( I’ll come from west coast of Irealnd) can stay over between them.- even better Craic potential!
Caffeine & Machine have great rooms and I have stayed at the Kingi’s Head at Wellesbourne ( about 10 mins away ) great rooms and good food - well priced too!
Whats’s not to like?
Clive
Caffeine and Machine rooms fully booked on August 10th but available August 9th with free cancellation.
I’ve booked!
C
Ok I shall have a look into some of the local hotels with a restaurant around here, see if can get a group booking somewhere for the Saturday night.
‘67 912 “Scruffy B*stard”
‘68 VW Bay Westy Campmobile - very original family camper.
anglophone1
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by anglophone1 »

How far are you?
Ideal run down Fosse Way and across to Bicester from C&M
C
Clive
West Cork, Ireland

RGruppe #814
1978 SC/1984 3.2 Outlaw -Jaffa 911
1973 914 - on Webers - historic rally car- Tango 914
1977 924 2.0 on Webers street legal race car - Martini 924
Flachbau -in progress
Spit Nolan
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Spit Nolan »

I’m 15 minutes ish from C&M in a village called Salford Priors. When I said around here I meant the general area of C&M :)

We have a convoy down to Boxengasse every year anyway with quite a few cars hence thought can merge it into this event, and may encourage some more to sign up to DDK too.
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

All coming together well
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Anta
DDK above all

Post by Anta »

Sounds good, i can do both days….
Carrera 2.7 MFI 1974
Taycan 2022
993 C2 Coupe 1996 - SOLD
912 Coupe 1968 - SOLD
550 Spyder - SOLD
Spit Nolan
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Spit Nolan »

Ok so bookings at the Hill are slightly more difficult on that date due to the sheer number of people that attend on weekends. So the events organiser there (not Phil) has said to me we can book a time slot to arrive, maybe if we do that earlier in the morning and stay for lunch, then we can go off for a drive in the afternoon, finishing at another hotel / restaurant where can have a meal and then chill out ready to meet up again in the morning to head down to Boxengasse. It does mean we aren’t guaranteed a spot all parked together but the earlier we book the more likely that is.

What are people’s thoughts on that idea?
anglophone1

Post by anglophone1 »

We don't know how many cars so difficult bit that all makes sense - I would consult with Phil if poss- he's a Porsche guy and when i have met him seems pretty switched on.
I'm staying Friday night so will be there anyway!!
We need a quick indication of potential number of cars for, say a 1100 arrival slot on Saturday 10th.
C
Clive
West Cork, Ireland

RGruppe #814
Flachbau -in progress
Spit Nolan
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Spit Nolan »

Yeh I’ll see if Phil is bit more open to setting aside an area if we all say book for 11am, and see if we need a minimum number of cars to be able to do that. It wouldn’t be ideal.
Spit Nolan
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Spit Nolan »

As you say be good to get a rough idea of numbers, will help me with trying to organise anything else too….

So show of hands please, who would attend The DDK Nationals at Caffiene and Machine The Hill, Saturday 10th August at 11am?? Followed after lunch by a drive out around some good roads and then an evening meal. Concluding with a convoy down to Boxengasse the next morning for Megaphonics???

Please state if you’d be doing the whole lot or just part of it when adding your name. I shall try to look into a hotel / restaurant for the evening/night. Or I can put one or two up in my camper on my drive but Ollie has already bagsy’d that haha!

Cheers all.
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Checking diaries - looking to do the lot.

Will we need to get tickets for Megaphonics then?
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Spit Nolan
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Spit Nolan »

Bootsy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:54 pm Checking diaries - looking to do the lot.

Will we need to get tickets for Megaphonics then?
Yes mate, if you want to do it, I’m assuming some won’t want to do both days. Megaphonics is advanced booking only.
Spit Nolan
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Spit Nolan »

I can have a word with Tom and Frank see if can sort a group thing for there, but I know a lot of us have already bought tickets.
911hillclimber
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 911hillclimber »

Those dates clash (as many do) with my hillclimb events, the Aug dates are the big chances to score good points to the Championship, so will take priority!

I wish all who get there a great time.
Graham.
73T 911 Coupe, road/hillclimber 3.2L
Lola t 492 / 3.2 hillclimb racer
Boxster 987 Gen II 2.9
Spit Nolan
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Spit Nolan »

Ok that’s a shame but finding dates that work for everyone would always be impossible. It may be that those dates just won’t work anyway if can’t get C&M to work for it, but they do make sense with the pull if doing Boxengasse the next day ti make it worth while for those travelling.

Now I have thought there has another venue the other side of Stratford On Avon called The Piston Club which offers similar vibe as C&M but as of yet I doubt feel has the same atmosphere as C&M but it’s another possibility.

Phil has said to me he is definitely up for hosting us at C&M but the problem is reserving a space. But if we cab get people commuted to a time spot then w should be good.
anglophone1

Post by anglophone1 »

As you can see I'm coming for both and would want hotel/dinner on Saturday night please.
Well done Spit on taking up the baton..............
C
Clive
West Cork, Ireland

RGruppe #814
Flachbau -in progress