First car ideas and advice please

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

70sThrowback
DDK slapper chatter

Re: First car ideas and advice please

Post by 70sThrowback »

not much to add to this, but on Facebook Market place, has anyone noticed the amount of scam adverts on there? I've stopped looking because the number of hijacked accounts with cars just under the asking price, or crazy cheap, means its difficult to see genuine sales. Doesn't happen on AutoTrader.
Jonny

Current custodian of 1976 Porsche 912E, 1973 VW Camper
KS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by KS »

70sThrowback wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:08 am not much to add to this, but on Facebook Market place, has anyone noticed the amount of scam adverts on there? I've stopped looking because the number of hijacked accounts with cars just under the asking price, or crazy cheap, means its difficult to see genuine sales. Doesn't happen on AutoTrader.
Yes! One guy supposedly from Devon had 20 cars listed, including a five-year old Aston Martin Vantage for £4700 with "ice cold air-con!", and a Cayman R for £6000 with "all tags up to date!"... :lol:
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
Nine One One
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Nine One One »

Winston Teague
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Winston Teague »

Mk 4 Golf Sdi, only horribly slow if you stop changing gear, 50+ mpg, simple, few warning lights, mendable everywhere. Our 17 yo loves his, it even has aircon AND wind up windows.....£1k buys a pretty solid one, 2, a minter....sorted. W
Winston
'61 356 BT5 & a lot of broken chain driven stuff