Greatworth swap meet ?

Any Porsche events or other related car events you know of please post them here

Moderators: hot66, Helen, abm914

MikeS911
DDK addict

Re: Greatworth swap meet ?

Post by MikeS911 »

Any update yet MikeS
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

The date is going to have to be rearranged - speaking to Greatworth to come up with some suitable dates
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
MikeyC
Married to the DDK

Post by MikeyC »

If it doesn't work out for this year (and I think we're at the mercy of the HS2 works around the B4525 Welsh Lane and behind Greatworth unfortunately), it's definitely worth considering putting more support into the Midlands Aircooled Swapmeet offer (viewtopic.php?t=72057) and expanding the Gaydon venue for the 2nd February event next year. Excellent central location in the the British Motor Museum, Gaydon M40 J12, large car parking, and an indoor hall for traders and buyers alike, making the weather concerns thankfully a thing of the past. I would have been happy to run a Porsche parts stall there this year, but for traders to trade, it does require a critical mass of potential buyers to show support for the event.
Mike Champion
www.mceporsche.com
tangerineT
DDK slapper chatter

Post by tangerineT »

I went to the midlands air-cooled swap meet hoping to find some Porsche stuff

There wasn't very much at all .. I spent just £20 there

Very good for VW stuff but sadly lacking on the Porsche front
Spit Nolan
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Spit Nolan »

tangerineT wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:29 pm I went to the midlands air-cooled swap meet hoping to find some Porsche stuff

We are really hoping to get more Porsche people involved both as sellers and buyers going forward. It’s a very new event, we have only done two now and most people who knew about it were from the VW lot.
I have put a post with next years date and how to book a plot to sell, on here already. It will always be for VW and Porsche so we hope to see the best from both worlds there going forward. Only way that can happen is by people coming along to buy and sell.

I Hope the Greatworth swapmeet can go ahead somehow too, it’s a staple of Porsche events and the only Porsche specific Swapmeet I can think of.
The midlands aircooled Swapmeet is not trying to take anything from any other event so I did hold off replying about it on here, but thank you Mike for mentioning it.

There is a lot of crossover between VW and Porsche and parts always go both ways, I can tell you now one of the VW traders who was trading both years has one of the largest collection of Porsche parts to sell on but his main business is VW. You may be surprised what you find, but please come along, sell and buy other wise you won’t find anything!
‘67 912 “Scruffy B*stard”
‘68 VW Bay Westy Campmobile - very original family camper.
tangerineT
DDK slapper chatter

Post by tangerineT »

Spit Nolan wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:55 pm
tangerineT wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:29 pm I went to the midlands air-cooled swap meet hoping to find some Porsche stuff

We are really hoping to get more Porsche people involved both as sellers and buyers going forward. It’s a very new event, we have only done two now and most people who knew about it were from the VW lot.
I have put a post with next years date and how to book a plot to sell, on here already. It will always be for VW and Porsche so we hope to see the best from both worlds there going forward. Only way that can happen is by people coming along to buy and sell.

I Hope the Greatworth swapmeet can go ahead somehow too, it’s a staple of Porsche events and the only Porsche specific Swapmeet I can think of.
The midlands aircooled Swapmeet is not trying to take anything from any other event so I did hold off replying about it on here, but thank you Mike for mentioning it.

There is a lot of crossover between VW and Porsche and parts always go both ways, I can tell you now one of the VW traders who was trading both years has one of the largest collection of Porsche parts to sell on but his main business is VW. You may be surprised what you find, but please come along, sell and buy other wise you won’t find anything!
I did mention to Irv's VW that I was surprised they didn't have any Porsche stuff despite the fact they do indeed have quite a lot of parts now

Their response was that they didn't bring anything as " it's a VW meet "

Maybe the sellers need a reminder that air-cooled doesn't mean just VW ?
Spit Nolan
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Spit Nolan »

It’s because we all know each other through the VW scene. As we’re still new at it we started out not expecting too much, but the VW community really stepped up and supported the event. I’ll remind Irv to pack some Porsche bits in next year :)

As you say it’s an aircooled VW and Porsche meet, so hoping we can make it more equal going forward. Take a look at the post for next year for details on how to book a table, hope to see you there.
‘67 912 “Scruffy B*stard”
‘68 VW Bay Westy Campmobile - very original family camper.
Jonnydaz53
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Jonnydaz53 »

Any news on the swapmeet guys
camperco
DDK rules my life!

Post by camperco »

An update on the swapmeet - or I should say Greatworth park as a venue. As you know we have HS2 ploughing through the area and its having a big impact on us here right now. They have to build us new drive to replace the current one that will be dug up for the cut & cover tunnel. So fat they are about 3 years late with this.

The latest is that they have removed nearly all of the woods by the main trading area and put up a new wooden fence to "protect us" from the construction (non) activity. Its very frustrating but we are stuck with them for now.

We also have a fair bit of our own building work going on updating our buildings for more workshop space. We love having the event here of course but it might good to find an alternative venuse that we can swap with year to year? Any offers?
Angus Watt http://www.greatworthclassics.co.uk

Greatworth Classics & VW Camper Company

Its a feature - not a fault sir..
neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by neilbardsley »

There is a village hall near me we could rent for a few hours. Some parking outside for vendors and room inside? Just off Junction 18 M1

Sent from my 22011119UY using Tapatalk

“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
anglophone1
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by anglophone1 »

I'm at Tuthills Friday PM - I'll ask them.
Last edited by anglophone1 on Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clive
West Cork, Ireland

RGruppe #814
1978 SC/1984 3.2 Outlaw -Jaffa 911
1973 914 - on Webers - historic rally car- Tango 914
1977 924 2.0 on Webers street legal race car - Martini 924
Flachbau -in progress
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Worth a chat - they hosted a great meet up for us once.
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
anglophone1
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by anglophone1 »

Forgot to ask on Friday but have written and asked today,
C
Clive
West Cork, Ireland

RGruppe #814
1978 SC/1984 3.2 Outlaw -Jaffa 911
1973 914 - on Webers - historic rally car- Tango 914
1977 924 2.0 on Webers street legal race car - Martini 924