Jamie's new book

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

anglophone1
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Jamie's new book

Post by anglophone1 »

Jamie Lipman - formerly of this parish has his first book out and it's fab!
For those if you that don't recognise the name Jamie, a pro car photographer hung around here around ten years ago.
He restored a fabulous beige 912 and kept us entertained along the way- along with pictures of flimsy looking aeroplanes.
5 years or more ago [Bootsy will know] he relocated to the USA for to expand his marketplace - taking 912 and family with him.
Initially in LA - and then to the desert near Palm Springs where I believe he has also acquired a 914 and another aeroplane!
RGruppe friend John Gray in Northern California [Jamie is also RGruppe} brought the book to my attention - Jamie is helping him restore an original Meyers Manx beach buggy.
As an ex pro photographer [ who still shoots a bit when I can] I'm always interested in a new Porsche book that is also visually stunning - let face it there's a lot of samey stuff out there.
This is great work- both visually and a really interesting car selection - must go to Saratoga sometime!
It's even got me thinking of resurrecting my [currently] dormant book project!
https://amzn.eu/d/deOUA1g
or even cheaper at
https://www.speedyhen.com/Product/Sarat ... 9/27495329 new supplier to me- thanks to Chris/Yellowhound at IB forum.
Give yourself a treat - IMO cheap for this quality if issue.
Settle down and try it-pairs beautifully with some great Jazz and a great White Burgundy.................
Enjoy!!
C
Clive
West Cork, Ireland

RGruppe #814
1978 SC/1984 3.2 Outlaw -Jaffa 911
1973 914 - on Webers - historic rally car- Tango 914
1977 924 2.0 on Webers street legal race car - Martini 924
Flachbau -in progress