Bicester Scramble tomorrow (8th)

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

jeremyg
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Re: Bicester Scramble tomorrow (8th)

Post by jeremyg »

We held the sub committee meeting in front of Sports Purpose which seemed appropriate. Nice to meet Graham Trish and Johnny, and I think Matt (?) It was short, but sweet, and cold and threatening rain. No motions were passed (sounds clinical) but we will now no longer at events stand 3 ft from each other without realising how close we’ve been to meeting..

I see there’s been some Harry talk on here recently. From close up it looks like the money he spent on his Zagato restoration was well spent, and I must say I enjoyed seeing all the bodywork mastery displayed in his vids.

This Morgan has been written about and photographed a lot recently, but up close and personal it really is a clever brutalising of a well known icon in the current mad max trend.

We all noticed that it was a very Porsche heavy event with pretty much every example of Porsche type on display. Personally I think the whole event is all becoming rather too crowded and messy in a design sense. The sort of display flair that manifests itself at Luftgekuhlt is certainly not present here, and the days when fewer, more special vehicles were given the space to sing and shine against the buildings backdrop are long gone. Sort of lost its charm and surprise. Of course it’s a victim of its own phenomenal success and popularity(which I applaud), and so there’s little space for exhibits to breathe. Maybe it’s my memory playing tricks but I remember a stunning display of Graber Alvis’s that was given that space and shone through as a result.

Anyway my neighbour the ‘old boy’ next door found a tractor that he identified straightaway and felt right at home with, and loved it all as a first time experience, and the sun even shone, and it kicked off a new year of motoring so what’s not to like really?

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

jwhillracer wrote:
jeremyg wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:56 pm And this is me, in one of our joke gardening pics. I’m the one on the left. It’s what we do.(garden)

And I can vouch for them gardening exceptionally well! Image

JW
That’s very kind of you JW. Happy New Year!
jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

neilbardsley wrote:
jwhillracer wrote:
jeremyg wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:56 pm And this is me, in one of our joke gardening pics. I’m the one on the left. It’s what we do.(garden)

And I can vouch for them gardening exceptionally well! Image

JW
Jeremy, I thought, you moved house to do less gardening?

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk
Sort of true Neil - well really it was both the house and garden that were too large and high maintenance. And this new one is certainly smaller - but within a year of being here we decided to ‘do’ the garden and open it for the National Garden Scheme, which we did last summer. And we’re planning to do that this summer as well. Keeps us off the streets.

Hope you’re both well - My 356 has just landed back in Illinois (which is bizarrely where it was first registered 64 years ago) Here it is being displayed at Buffalo Grove (wherever that is) where it’s new owner will be seeing it in the flesh for the first time this weekend. Memories eh?

anglophone1
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by anglophone1 »

Great stuff Jeremy - a real gathering - and I bet Jonny and Matt were trading Geekery!
C
Clive
West Cork, Ireland

RGruppe #814
1978 SC/1984 3.2 Outlaw -Jaffa 911
1973 914 - on Webers - historic rally car- Tango 914
1977 924 2.0 on Webers street legal race car - Martini 924
Flachbau -in progress
matteo68
I luv DDK!

Post by matteo68 »

I was there too from 9.30 to 12.30 but sadly didn’t get to meet up with my fellow DDKers - next time hopefully.
'72 T 210 2176 (ex-Hawaii donor car for '72 M491 2.5 SR)
'72 S 230 0347 (two-owner tangerine unicorn)
Spit Nolan
Married to the DDK

Post by Spit Nolan »

I was there, parked up in the pre 90’s field outside. Booked tickets for April too, be nice to park inside but I’m a nobody so there we go. :lol:
‘67 912 “Scruffy B*stard”
‘68 VW Bay Westy Campmobile - very original family camper.