Porsche ranked least reliable car

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

IanM
DDK rules my life!

Re: Porsche ranked least reliable car

Post by IanM »

911hillclimber wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:37 am My Skoda Superb has none of this at a similar miles and winter driven.
Neither my 2005 BMW.
Ashley James
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Ashley James »

I’m relieved to be able to tell you that after 10-12 years Porsche have rectified failing active engine mounts and I’m to have them at no cost. Otherwise this latest one would have cost £1810.

I really love the car and so want to keep it, I’m nearly 78 and will soon probably be stopped from driving, so this may be my last car.

Over the time I’ve had me three Boxsters, I’ve also run three C Class Mercs, all bought for not much more than half price with nominal mileage and approximately 1 year old, culminating in a C300 AMG Cabriolet. All have been almost trouble free for except for replacing tyres destroyed by potholes. I wish these silly wheels would go out of fashion.

Porsche does have both reliability and durability issues of some components, which spoils the pleasure of owning one.
RobFrost
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by RobFrost »

By way of counterpoint - the 700,000 mile Porsche 911. Track days, regular oil changes and used daily. Although to be fair, it did have an engine refresh after 383,000 miles to deal with some minor oil leaks.

https://www.hotcars.com/high-mileage-porsche/
1970 911T, Signal orange (Restoration thread)
1988 3.2 Carrera backdate, Black
2001 996 Turbo, Lapis blue (am I allowed to put that here?)
I'm looking for a pre-impact bumper 911S or other high-revving 911 to restore - please let me know if you see one.