Weber Jet Doctors

Need some help with a technical problem - ask away and let's see if we can all help.

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Nige

neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Weber Jet Doctors

Post by neilbardsley »

Jet doctors installed. Less trouble than I imagined. They are 3.5mm diameter and a tap hammer fit into the carburettor. I drilled the base of the air filter 3.5mm first but they wouldn't press in so tried 4mm and all back together. I had visions of me not aligning the holes but the indentations on the gasket guided me. Then when I got one side done I bolted the other side to it then used the completed side as a guide.

Hopefully a test drive tomorrow Image

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk

“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
middlefour1
DDK rules my life!

Post by middlefour1 »

Neil, have you had a new filter fitted in the fuel tank as well as new front to back fuel lines? The filter in the tank degrades over time allowing crud into the fuel lines. Its a ball ache of a job to replace, fuel tank out to do it. Also as you are running carbs I would personally fit a Filter King unit, Hope you get it sorted.
Steve
1970 Silver 914 - Gone but never forgotten........
neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by neilbardsley »

I need to check Andrew's document but he had the tank out to reseal it. Im going to guess he replaced that filter then. I also have two external fuel filters between the tank and carbs. I don't think it's the fuel

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk

“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP