FS 914/4 1.8 1975 located in Yorkshire

Porsche Cars classifieds (and DDK'ers other cars that need to go in the pursuit of Porsche Paradise!)

Moderators: Helen, Bootsy

dt4
DDK addict

FS 914/4 1.8 1975 located in Yorkshire

Post by dt4 »

ebay advert if you prefer
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125555639590

I purchased this car in mid 2019 from a guy over in California where it had just completed the West Coast Run which is an annual event organised by the West Coast 914world members.

The car won the most potential award at the event and completed around 250 miles without any problems, prior to the WCR it had been stripped for repainting but the owner decided to reassemble the car for the event so the photos I received prior to purchase were of the car in primer and showed all the usual places where rust can be found to be totally solid.

The longs, the cills, the battery tray, the hellhole under the battery, the rear trunk and the floor pan were totally rust free.

On the basis of the evidence of completing the WCR and the photos, I purchased the car and imported it to the UK in August of 2019

When it arrived in the UK, it was running and drove off the back of the transporter and into my garage

I then had the windscreen removed and completely stripped the car for it to be repainted, the car was entirely taken back to metal and prepared for paint, it was etch primered, then final primered before being finished in Zambesi green which was a period 1975 colour.

I then reassembled the car with either original OEM parts or with new reproduction parts from 914rubber from the US.

I spent a lot of money on new rubber seal kits for the doors and for the windscreen, having the seats recovered in covers also from 914rubber, a full new carpet set, a full set of new mats, new door card covers. I also bought and fitted Euro / UK front indicator lenses and rear light units.

The car runs great, is on a set of original Fuchs alloys and virtually new Kuhmo tyres. I bought a centre console kit with gauges but the water and oil gauges aren?t wired up. I also fitted a pair of front fog lamps that set the car off great. The chrome bumpers are in pretty good shape, I bought a new rubber top for the rear and the front is original and in good condition.

The doors, ignition and both trunks work off the same key.

The door mirrors are Vitaloni period correct and the VWPorsche badge is also correct for a Euro / UK car

I also bought a really good set of heat exchanger pipes and associated pipe work for the cabin heating system and a heater blower motor so that the is cabin heating

I have hundreds of photos showing the car on the day it arrived in the UK all the way through to it being completed and being driven over here.

The engine is a 1.8 with dual Delorto 40 carburettors, it has 78000 on the clock but the odometer has been hit and miss in my ownership until I replaced the speedo cable and I reckon I have driven it a further 350 miles that haven?t recorded, no big deal but I thought it worth mentioning.

I would rate the car overall as in great condition, the paint isn?t perfect but it presents really well and the dashboard has had the usual cracks in the top repaired but they are still evident. I have a dash top cover fitted so its not noticeable.

I had the car MOTed in 2020, the handbrake was weak so I replaced both handbrake cables before registering it in the UK, the process went smoothly and it is on an age related number.

I have driven the car around 1500 miles since it was registered, most often to car events or for days out but in the last year it has hardly been used and I don?t see that changing soon due to a house move coming up shortly.

The car is in Pontefract, West Yorkshire at present but will be in Hornsea, East Yorkshire from the end of October / early November

Full inspection welcome

I am looking for £19750 but open to sensible discussion on price

I have lots of photos of the renovation at each stage and every angle and can take a walk around video showing the car running if you would like - pm me an email address and let me know
Attachments
111020b.jpg
111020b (2).jpg
111020b (2).jpg (63.64 KiB) Viewed 4391 times
111020a (2)b.jpg
John B
DDK Newbie

Re: FS 914/4 1.8 1975 located in Yorkshire

Post by John B »

Lovely looking car GLWS
2001 996 C4
dt4
DDK addict

Post by dt4 »

thanks, I moved house late last year and didnt promote the car as a result, I then intended to put it through the auction at Matthewsons but in the end decided against it so its now over on the Yorkshire east cost tucked away in the garage
Martin P
DDK Fanatic

Post by Martin P »

Hi,
Sent you a pm did you receive it .
I'm confused because it says in outbox.
Martin 07811109603
mrpritchard@aol.com
sladey
Nurse, I think I need some assistance