Bardsleys Do Northern Europe

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Timo
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Re: Bardsleys Do Northern Europe

Post by Timo »

Have you rectified the charging issue Neil or were you lucky and just managed to keep car running without using much battery power?
Burgundy 69 912
Audi A4 1.8T sport avant
VW T25 magnum multivan
misteralz
DDK forever

Post by misteralz »

Göteborg is absolutely one of my favourite cities. Could spend weeks there at a time. Worth doing the Volvo museum while you're up there, and heading further north Fjallbacka is always worth a visit. Very envious of your trip! Are you heading to the vehicle graveyard at Bästnås while you're up that way?
neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by neilbardsley »

Thank we are a bit stuck in the city as the Dyno has given gone so we are recharging the battery at each stop, in our hotel room. We are just driving from each place to place. Very good if expensive Japanese Dinner last night.

Mrs B was a strong no to the Volvo Museum tour :(Image

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk

“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

New sticker on the 356. This cost 20sek the only bargain in Scandinavia so far. It's not cheap up here Image

“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Walk up to Skansen Kroman. Great views of the city. Saw a 930 Turbo (I think) on the street. I stopped caring about football in the 90s but someone in Gothenburg is dreaming of Old Trafford

https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJ ... ribution=1
ImageImage

neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Waiting inline for another ferry. Back to Denmark and then on to Aarhus. Gothenburg has the largest port, and fish market, in Scandinavia. Some of the old cranes which are no longer used are painted to remind the city of its history.

I visited Aarhus 12/13 years ago on the way back from a convention.. There was a jazz festival on. It was a very good weekend.

Last night we had Japanese food again. This time it cost 350sek not 4000sek.

We were recommended this very good Finnish chocolate.ImageImageImageImage

jb
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by jb »

Glad you are still going and having fun
Thanks for the updates
middlefour1
DDK rules my life!

Post by middlefour1 »

Really enjoying your travelogue Neil.
Steve
1970 Silver 914 - Gone but never forgotten........
jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

Looks like you’re having a good time despite the car troubles Neil. How does the car go down with other motorists/passers by?
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Lots of smiles and thumbs up Jeremy. As we arrived in Aarhus someone parked their AMG Mercedes. Super wide and long car. They thanked us for bringing it out so people could see it. I told him he should of bought a 911 because it's easier to park

The ferry have very specific instructions about not entering the glass. I wondered if walking on it without the intention to enter was allowed (if very unwise)

We are getting a noise/vibration from the rear right under higher speed and off camber slight rights. I'm going to back off the brakes a little. However, the axle nut made need tightening.ImageImageImage

neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

A special day in Aarhus. I wish we had more than a day here. Quick lunch. Then a visit to the modern art gallery. All way over my head but challenging. The highlight is a multi colour 360 walk. Wonderful views of the city. A local told me that they ran out of money and the building of the walk way was delayed. Then a very enjoyable concert with 3 different classic groups. The last with a different take on what a string quartet should sound like. Version from Berlin. I think this is an area to return to to explore the countryside tooImageImageImageImageImage

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

I think you do on your holiday what I normally try to avoid in ‘everyday’ life! Glad you had ‘fun’ though!
hashman
DDK forever

Post by hashman »

Looks like a great holiday Neil and Kudos for soldiering on despite the car troubles.

Karl
Keep the Outlaw Faith
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

All took a turn for the worst today. I jacked up the car and find play in the rear wheel. Spend some time trying to find a 36m socket but failed. Couldn't tighten with the pulley spanner.

Got to Hamburg but trying to decide what to do

misteralz
DDK forever

Post by misteralz »

36mm is the same as Beetle rear hubs, so I'd imagine every garage in Germany will have a socket to fit! Everything will be closed on a Sunday, though. So head off to the Prototyp Museum in Hafencity!