Classics at the Castle

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

KS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Classics at the Castle

Post by KS »

Jeremy no longer owns it... And I just borrowed it from its current custodian. :)
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
inaglasshouse
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by inaglasshouse »

KS wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:01 pm Jeremy no longer owns it... And I just borrowed it from its current custodian. :)
Friends in high places, Keith. Lovely car, enjoy!

If you are visiting Del en route on Saturday and fancy another 356 in the party when heading out for coffee, ask Del to call me - he has my number.
Cheers, Richard.
tob_today
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by tob_today »

Great, by sounds of it, my wife will not be alone with her relatively short interest level looking at cars, and she will be happy to wait longer while I do. And it's not just "a load of car-geeks in a field talking about their cars" as she thinks!

Personally I can't wait to see all these awesome cars & show her the wonderful colourful world of 'proper' Porsche classics. Secretly hoping she will see the light.

...and 'stretch' it's good to hear another 996 fan exists on DDK, I would have thought we'd be outcasts :)
'69 911 E - Bahama yellow
'94 993 C2 - Riviera blue
'99 996 C2 - Ocean blue SOLD
'04 996 GT3 - Atlas grey
‘11 997 GTS - Aqua blue SOLD
''08 Boxster RS60 - GT silver

... 42 years of evolution, mix of firsts & lasts, all brilliant
anglophone1
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by anglophone1 »

Will miss this sadly - Tango 914 at Greatworth awaiting engine rebuild, Martini 924 race car being worked on here today ( anyway they wouldn’t let me in with that) and Jaffa 911 heading with me to Belfast Saturday for a Bandit Group dinner.
Sunday, ferry to Scotland and three days in the Highlands as far up as Applecross (Brendan is joining me for some of this but anyone else welcome- PM?)
Wednesday meet BoydyRS and Hot66 at Newcastle for ferry to Amsterdam and on to Spa 6 hours.
Return following Monday - cross to Liverpool via a Hot66 route and ferry to Belfast Monday night- back in West Cork Tuesday PM.
Do have an excellent CatC- I will probably miss next years too as it will clash with Rennsport Reunion.
Such is life!
C
Clive
West Cork, Ireland

RGruppe #814
1978 SC/1984 3.2 Outlaw -Jaffa 911
1973 914 - on Webers - historic rally car- Tango 914
1977 924 2.0 on Webers street legal race car - Martini 924
Flachbau -in progress
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

I'm going to miss this and I'm gutted - however. Katharine who has to suffer me on a daily basis happens to be celebrating her birthday this Sunday and although we will only be in Cambridge and not far from Hedingham my romantic birthday day doesn't include looking at old Porsches which she can tolerate on any other day but not THAT day!
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
KS

Post by KS »

You haven't got her very well trained, have you? :lol:
Keith Seume
My YouTube channel
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Not like you Cupcake
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Sam

Post by Sam »

Bootsy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:35 pm I'm going to miss this and I'm gutted - however. Katharine who has to suffer me on a daily basis happens to be celebrating her birthday this Sunday and although we will only be in Cambridge and not far from Hedingham my romantic birthday day doesn't include looking at old Porsches which she can tolerate on any other day but not THAT day!
Mrs Sam’s birthday is Saturday, on Sunday we’re going to Blakeney. I’ll look out for you coming the other way.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
jeremyg
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by jeremyg »

inaglasshouse wrote:
KS wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:45 am Wimp! I'll be doing the 'boring drive' in this. 650-mile round trip. See you there!

Have you stolen Jeremy's car? He will find out, you know, if you post it on here...

I am really quite disappointed to be missing this one, but it's for good reason. First son is off to university for the first time, and compulsory arrival day for his accommodation is Sunday.

Have fun all, see you at something else.
Oi!!
KS

Post by KS »

You could always buy it back... Just a thought. :lol:
Keith Seume
My YouTube channel
jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

No really I’m thrilled Keith’s taking my ex 356 to CatC, as it started it’s show days there in 2011, and I haven’t seen it in the flesh for a few months. It’ll make it a special event for me - suddenly the drive to bloody Essex doesn’t seem so far.

I’ll be in this one, the tangerine T - topically and appropriately it’s this month’s calendar car.

I’m so bloody frustrated at not recognising other DDK’ers who I feel I’ve come to ‘know’ really well over the years (and probably stood beside many times without knowing it) that I’m considering cutting out the logo from an old DDK calendar and sticking it Blue Peter style on whatever I’m wearing that day.

If you see me say hello. It’s either that or stick to Uncle Keith’s coat tails - because he knows everyone.

Safe journeys. Jeremy
PastDown
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by PastDown »

hot66 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:43 pm As for this year, I’m not sure wether I will get to it or not as it is a long way from North Yorkshire unless I’m making a weekend of it with some beers the night before
That’s exactly what I’m planning. I’m heading down on Saturday from Leeds and staying over for a couple of nights.
Last edited by PastDown on Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PastDown
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by PastDown »

KS wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:45 am Wimp! I'll be doing the 'boring drive' in this. 650-mile round trip. See you there!

I thought my trip was bad at 400 mile round trip. See you there!
Jonny Hart

Post by Jonny Hart »

Bootsy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:35 pm I'm going to miss this and I'm gutted - however. Katharine who has to suffer me on a daily basis happens to be celebrating her birthday this Sunday and although we will only be in Cambridge and not far from Hedingham my romantic birthday day doesn't include looking at old Porsches which she can tolerate on any other day but not THAT day!
I'm in the same boat with my Libran. Having to endure a really nice hotel, 'fine dining' and being pampered (whatever that means). And someone on here was moaning about £30 to park in a field? Seems like a bargain to me?
anglophone1
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by anglophone1 »

My non car loving partner and I just did this- https://seadream.com/voyages/22428 [ this years version] and as she is a horse person [i'm not]- her week on horseback in S.Africa planned for March 2023 - means that I can usually do the trips for me that I want to do , like https://www.pca.org/events/porsche-renn ... eunion-vii
It's a question of balance IMO.
C
Clive
West Cork, Ireland

RGruppe #814
1978 SC/1984 3.2 Outlaw -Jaffa 911
1973 914 - on Webers - historic rally car- Tango 914
1977 924 2.0 on Webers street legal race car - Martini 924
Flachbau -in progress