Trying to gauge interest in Willhoit AntiDrain back valve

Please add Porsche parts and anything you wish to sell here (no commercial sales)

Moderator: Bootsy

AndrewSlater
I luv DDK!

Trying to gauge interest in Willhoit AntiDrain back valve

Post by AndrewSlater »

Small update: Only need to buy three for discount!

I was considering buying an anti drain back oil valve for my 911 and wanted to gauge if there was any interest from others, as buying a small number gives an economy of scale that drops the price.

The pros and cons of the valves are documented elsewhere - I just want it as I often start my car up infrequently it saves the blue smoke on startup.

I was looking to buy a WR Anti Drain Back Valve for Porsche 911 up to 1989 [ I believe it is 1971 to 1989 )
https://willhoit-auto-restoration.mybig ... p-to-1989/

This appears pretty much identical to the Rothsport one, but is better priced and comes with oil pipe clamps.

The best UK price for a Rothsport one including discounts and delivery is around £417 but then you need to buy some clamps aswell.
The Willhoit one direct from the USA is $333 including delivery + import duty + VAT + handling fees - so around £380+

However if I was to buy 3off ( was 5off ) units Michael at Willhoit would get me a reduction on the units, and the delivery to the Uk amortises to $30 or so per unit.
I expect they would be approximately £280 each landed in the UK - so a saving of over £100 from buying one direct and significantly more saved than buying via the UK.
There would then be a small amount for UK delivery.

If I could find a few others interested in purchasing a valve I would be happy to buy 5 in one go.
Or conversely if anyone else wants to organise a group buy then let me know.

Earl expects to have new stock in within a couple of weeks.
I've estimated the import duty to be 5% ( struggling to find an exact import code for this part ).

If anyone is interested in one then drop a reply or PM.

Thanks
Andrew
1966 Porsche 912 Slate Grey, red interior - first owner owned for 41 years
1974 Porsche 911 2.7 (The Manhattan project) viewtopic.php?f=28&t=51455
1973 VW 914 1.7 Olympic Blue - ( gone to a good home )
AndrewSlater
I luv DDK!

Re: Trying to gauge interest in Willhoit AntiDrain back valve

Post by AndrewSlater »

Bump - update Michael at Willhoit has agreed a discount on only 3 units - seems fair!
Any takers?
1966 Porsche 912 Slate Grey, red interior - first owner owned for 41 years
1974 Porsche 911 2.7 (The Manhattan project) viewtopic.php?f=28&t=51455
1973 VW 914 1.7 Olympic Blue - ( gone to a good home )
g3ngs2
Married to the DDK

Post by g3ngs2 »

So..... having had a few DMs with Andrew on this over the last few days, my sister is coming over from Miami in a week or so's time so short circuiting some of the costs on this she's happy to bring three over. At this point looking for a taker for a third, with the discount that Andrew has organised the unit price is at c$209. I'll be paying via Revolut or similar so the conversion will be at a pretty true reflection of whatever the rate is most likely at some point tomorrow (and before we end up at 1/1!). There'll be a little extra bit of postage added for whatever they charge to get them to Miami

If interested, please pick which version is needed from the link in the original post (65-71 or 72-89) ideally by tomorrow afternoon and I'll get them ordered up. As this is somewhat on the clock, first to confirm and all that....
--------------------
911T MFI
Gen 2 Boxster
Merc stealth shed
--------------------
Nige
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Nige »

The smoke clears pretty quickly when happens occasionally and isn't really an longevity/wear issue. Just seems a slightly spendy solution to a very minor problem. Just my uneducated opinion though :)
camperco
DDK rules my life!

Post by camperco »

We store cars here at Greatworth and its always a bit disappointing when starting up a 911 after a lay up. The whole building can fill with smoke sometimes. We've fitted several of the Rothsport items and had great results with them. We currently have two '65 to '71 versions on the shelf.
Angus Watt http://www.greatworthclassics.co.uk

Greatworth Classics & VW Camper Company

Its a feature - not a fault sir..
camperco
DDK rules my life!

Post by camperco »

I can work out a price if you are interested?
Angus Watt http://www.greatworthclassics.co.uk

Greatworth Classics & VW Camper Company

Its a feature - not a fault sir..