1987 Renault R4 Savane

Porsche Cars classifieds (and DDK'ers other cars that need to go in the pursuit of Porsche Paradise!)

Moderators: Helen, Bootsy

KS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

1987 Renault R4 Savane

Post by KS »

It is with regret that we're selling our 1987 R4 Savane. We bought this car early in 2020 from Montpellier in South East France, and had it delivered to the UK a couple of months later. While it was in France, I had a friend take it to a garage who replaced things like brake hoses, shock absorbers, ball joints, all four tyres etc and give it a general check over. The wheels were stripped and resprayed at the same time.
As far as we can establish, the car belonged to one family from new, and one of the early owners kept a log of everything he bought for the car, services etc, which we have. The interior is unique to Savane models and is in perfect shape. The car is the most rust-free example I have seen and has never been welded or repainted, other than a couple of localised blow-ins presumably where it had been scraped while parked. All the glass is original, all the rubber mats are original and untorn. All the chassis sections have been internally waxed and the car is always garaged.
Last year I rebuilt the brake calipers and replaced the rear brake cylinders. I also fitted a right-hand door mirror and lozenge side repeater indicators to make it safe on UK roads. It also has working rear fog and reversing lights.
As the car has never been restored, it is aesthetically not perfect – the bonnet has some dents where it looks like somebody ran across it, but to me it is all part of the car's history. I'd rather buy an honest, untouched car like this that one of the many freshly-painted Quatrelles you see for sale on the Internet... It runs like a top, starts first time and brings a smile to our faces every time we drive her (Kiki Quatrelle).
The car will be sold with a new MOT (she is currently on SORN) and is only being sold to raise funds for my hillclimb 914. It was featured in an issue of Retro Classic Modern magazine last year. Please note the personal registration is NOT included. V5c in my name. Asking £5,500. Located in Cornwall.
Message me here, or e-mail me on keithseume@vwporsche.online

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914