Goodwood Revival paddock pass wanted... Please!!!

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Black Betty
DDK slapper chatter

Goodwood Revival paddock pass wanted... Please!!!

Post by Black Betty »

In September I will be visiting Goodwood Revival again.

As a Fellow I cannot get a paddock pass. Those are only for members (unfortunately). As a Fellow you cannot even buy one... :?

So that's why I post this question (again) in this great DDK-community: does anyone have a paddock pass that he (or she) wants te share with (or even give away to) a fellow DDk-er?

I'll be there on friday, saturday and sunday, so even if it's for just one day it would be great.

A little typical Dutch present will be provided as a thank you :wink:
It's better to burn out, than to fade away
alfacat
I luv DDK!

Re: Goodwood Revival paddock pass wanted... Please!!!

Post by alfacat »

Hi There
Not sure if this is still the case, but at one time a 'Pit Pass' was only valid if you also had a 'Members badge' or were going in accompanied by a member.
Sadly if this is still the case then a pass it's self is of little or no use to you.
I'm sure a current member will be along to confirm or correct this... Good luck!

All the best
Ian F.

Gone but not forgotten
72 2.4 T in Sepia (Charlie)
60s, 70s, 80s, 90s & 00s Alfas
Caterhams (one fast & one very Fast!)
and a few old Lotus.

Still with us
997 C2S (Alice) & M&W 550 Spyder (Lil Caesar)
neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by neilbardsley »

I don't think that is true. I've had a pit and paddock pass for the last couple of years but I'm not a member.

However, I did have a not so funny exchange last year when I got to do a lap of the circuit, as a passenger. As I tried to return to the pits the same route I had arrived (but guided by our Goodwood ambassador) I was rather curtly told I couldn't go that way. When I asked which path I should take there weren't any positive responses. Only time anyone at Goodwood hasn't been super helpful.

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk

“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
anglophone1
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by anglophone1 »

neilbardsley wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:50 pm I don't think that is true. I've had a pit and paddock pass for the last couple of years but I'm not a member.

However, I did have a not so funny exchange last year when I got to do a lap of the circuit, as a passenger. As I tried to return to the pits the same route I had arrived (but guided by our Goodwood ambassador) I was rather curtly told I couldn't go that way. When I asked which path I should take there weren't any positive responses. Only time anyone at Goodwood hasn't been super helpful.

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk
Neil
You have top end hospitality passes at the revival - they let you into everything - except the GRRC members enclosure!
Not like ordinary tickets - where paddock passes are only available [free] to GRRC members.
C
Clive
West Cork, Ireland

RGruppe #814
1978 SC/1984 3.2 Outlaw -Jaffa 911
1973 914 - on Webers - historic rally car- Tango 914
1977 924 2.0 on Webers street legal race car - Martini 924
Flachbau -in progress
Black Betty
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Black Betty »

No that's not the case: I visit Goodwood Revival since 2009 and I always only needed the little 'cardboard label on a string' to get into the paddock enclosure...

@Neil: if you have a 'top end hospitality pass' to share: I volunteer! ;-)

So the question remains: does anyone have a paddock pass that he (or she) wants te share with (or even give away to) a fellow DDk-er?
camperco
DDK rules my life!

Post by camperco »

I'll be there all weekend and I've got some so I'm happy to share Frank.
Angus
Angus Watt http://www.greatworthclassics.co.uk

Greatworth Classics & VW Camper Company

Its a feature - not a fault sir..
Black Betty
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Black Betty »

Hey Angus,

Thank you for your reaction and offer.

Sorry I didn't react any sooner... Health issues prevented that (luckily not Covid related).

How can I contact you to make some arrangements?
Ollie
DDK forever

Post by Ollie »

Sorry to jumnp on your thread Frank!

Would I be able to borrow two paddock passes for an hour or so on Friday from someone? Happy to make a donation to the DDK charity by way of a thank you.

Many thanks,

Ollie