Constant heat into cabin

For all you Porsche 914 fanatics!

Moderators: drummerboytom, MdR

neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Constant heat into cabin

Post by neilbardsley »

Mrs B is moaning about constant hot air into the cabin by here feet. We are running on the motorway at about 100c.

Yesterday I checked the heat flapper controls and there is no tension on the cables with the lever down. Then when the lever is up the control lever on flappers are pulled. That all seems correct to me but because of the mushroom is difficult to see if the flapper are open or closed. Both flappers are new.

Any ideas?

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk

“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
neilbardsley

Re: Constant heat into cabin

Post by neilbardsley »

Still not sure why heat is getting past the heat exchangers but made Mrs B happy by taping up the vent near her legs. Actually happy is putting it too strongly.

“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
middlefour1
DDK rules my life!

Post by middlefour1 »

Hi Neil, I suspect the new flapper boxes are Dansk. I bought some and they needed a lot of work to make sure the flap closed and opened properly, the pivot pin was also sticking. I wasn't at all impressed with them. In the end I found some NOS ones and never had a problem. I think you may need to take them off and do some fettling.
Steve
1970 Silver 914 - Gone but never forgotten........
camperco
DDK rules my life!

Post by camperco »

We make our own using a new VW bus part and rework it. As the 914 item costs twice as much anyway it all works out in the end.
Angus Watt http://www.greatworthclassics.co.uk

Greatworth Classics & VW Camper Company

Its a feature - not a fault sir..
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Thank you