1972 911E Albert Blue

Porsche Cars classifieds (and DDK'ers other cars that need to go in the pursuit of Porsche Paradise!)

Moderators: Helen, Bootsy

kitesurfer2
DDK forever

1972 911E Albert Blue

Post by kitesurfer2 »

I am looking to sell my very nice Albert Blue 1972E if anyone is interested. The price is £87500 ono
Some photos can be seen at cars.paul-lodey.com and I am happy to talk to anyone wanting more information just pm me

Description as follows-

1972 911 E coupe.

Chassis number 9112200968

Engine number 6220582

Oil Kappe model, original Albert Blue with no sunroof. Porsche Certificate of Authenticity, handbook and tools.

An undamaged and well preserved car that was off the road and in storage for many years, now fully restored and running beautifully

The previous owner Bob Larson had the car from new and I am the second registered owner. It was dry stored for 35 years from 1984 in the USA and the UK up to when I bought it in 2015. The car has been restored to a high level a fine example of one of the best 911 models The 911E.

The body has been stripped to the bare shell, media blasted and minor rust repairs carried out including both outer sills, kidney areas and font wings. The chassis is straight and totally solid with no accidents . The front pan, main pan, pedal assembly area, battery boxes, rear torsion tube area, rear shelf , rear seat bottoms and door bottoms are all solid and original. All the panel gaps are excellent. The doors shut with the correct "ping"

Beautiful paintwork Albert Blue is an amazing colour, appearing deep blue in the shadows and bright mid blue in sunshine. The window frames have been repolished and anodised, all new lenses, rubbers and trim.

Original 1972 baupunkt frankurt blue dot (stereo) radio

Original 6 x 15 3 prong center cap fuchs in perfect shape date code 3/71

Correct year and type 1972 2.4 E motor 911/52 with mechanical injection, close but not matching numbers as the original motor was changed many years ago.

The engine has recently been fully rebuilt by Chris Smith of Devon Racing - all new bearings and new pistons and cylinders. The MFI pump has been rebuilt and calibrated by Tower and the engine cases line bored and shuffle pinned by Redtek.

All the instruments have been restored, the wiring loom checked and recovered, all new fuel and brake lines. All the various suspension parts have been media blasted and coated.

Callipers fully rebuilt. New Boge front struts with SC Brakes, new rear shocks and all suspension and gear linkage bushes renewed.

New correct Pirelli 185/70 tyres just fitted Tinted glass Original Blaupunkt radio. Deser Sports seats. New squareweave carpets with Coco overmats. New headlining

Benefitting from an extensive restoration. Everything on the car is either new or professionally refurbished and it runs and drives exactly as it should. Recent comprehensive service, suspension set up and rolling road tune, with factory power output of 160 bhp.