Stonor Supercar & Classics 21st / 22nd May

Any Porsche events or other related car events you know of please post them here

Moderators: hot66, Helen, abm914

PMNorris
DDK slapper chatter

Stonor Supercar & Classics 21st / 22nd May

Post by PMNorris »

Anyone going? I'm going on the 21st with the Mrs.

Paul
1970 2.2 911 T / Ex RS Clone, now more original looking, with 1979 3.2 SS engine
1988 3.2 Carrera Commemorative edition (sold)
Disco
DDK rules my life!

Re: Stonor Supercar & Classics 21st / 22nd May

Post by Disco »

Hi Paul,

I'm going, but on the Sunday. I've agreed to exhibit my 356 on their lawns - I did this the first year the did it and it was a good day out, but you have to arrive early and can't leave until basically the show ends, hence this year I've picked the earlier close day, so Sunday.

Last time I did it we got free access to the 'drivers lounge' - wasn't anything special to be honest, but gave you somewhere to sit, which was nice. this year, whilst I have been 'specially selected to exhibit' - it turns out I have to pay 60+quid for two people. ! - bit of a con really considering that without the supercars ( ehem, not quite in my case! ) then they haven't got much of an event. - still it was a good day out last time and looks like its a bigger event this year so I'm looking forward to it.

cheers!
Joe
PMNorris
DDK slapper chatter

Re: Stonor Supercar & Classics 21st / 22nd May

Post by PMNorris »

Just got home. It was a nice event. Not huge and pretty relaxed. Ferrari were celebrating their 75th birthday, so it was very much Ferrari focused. Worth spending a few hours there if you're fairly close, but I wouldn't drive for more than a couple of hours to go.

Paul
1970 2.2 911 T / Ex RS Clone, now more original looking, with 1979 3.2 SS engine
1988 3.2 Carrera Commemorative edition (sold)