Caffeine and Cars

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Caffeine and Cars

Post by neilbardsley »

Does anyone know the people that run this place? I'm trying to organise to put on a display at the end of the Flat Four Drive but I got a response saying remember to book tickets as we get busy!

I'm sure I remember that the owner might have a 912/356 so would be keen to help us

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
anglophone1
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Re: Caffeine and Cars

Post by anglophone1 »

Caffeine and Machine?
No weekend freebies there,…..
Why not try Gilks Garage- not far away and the IB forum recently had a succesful meet there.
C
Clive
West Cork, Ireland

RGruppe #814
1978 SC/1984 3.2 Outlaw -Jaffa 911
1973 914 - on Webers - historic rally car- Tango 914
1977 924 2.0 on Webers street legal race car - Martini 924
Flachbau -in progress
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Yes Caffeine and Machine. I will try the other place. I wasn't looking for free entry just some reserved parking places. Thought they might be happy to have a display but maybe they are so busy they know they will fill up anyway

“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
Anta
DDK above all

Post by Anta »

[quote

I'm sure I remember that the owner might have a 912/356 so would be keen to help us quote]

No contact details I am afraid but he does definitely have a 912…. Indeed his is a Tangerine 912 SRR324F and mine is SRR192F also in Tangerine……Spooky!
Carrera 2.7 MFI 1974
Taycan 2022
993 C2 Coupe 1996 - SOLD
912 Coupe 1968 - SOLD
550 Spyder - SOLD
Jay
DDK Newbie

Post by Jay »

neilbardsley wrote:Yes Caffeine and Machine. I will try the other place. I wasn't looking for free entry just some reserved parking places. Thought they might be happy to have a display but maybe they are so busy they know they will fill up anyway

I've taken my club there a couple of times - they don't reserve parking sadly, despite having assurance I'd be able to get 12 cars at the entrance bit. We turned up and the place was full, we ended up parking on the grass above the seating area. Fortunately it doesn't really matter, the place is small and most people will walk the entire car park area anyway
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Yes that is the reply I got. I think we will look for another finishing point

Gary71

Post by Gary71 »

If it suits your route I wouldn’t rule it out. It’s a great place, up on the grass might sound like being pushed to the back, but it really isn’t.

It’s got a nice vibe amongst the trees. Better than down the front in my opinion.

Timo
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Timo »

Agree with Gary, as long as there is some space it doesn't really matter too much where it is.

I actually rather like the fact they have the cars dotted around in different places, makes it more interesting to explore.
Burgundy 69 912
Audi A4 1.8T sport avant
VW T25 magnum multivan
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

I just don't want to be in a situation where someone can't commit to coming to the last moment but can't come because we can't get them a ticket.

Timo
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Timo »

Fair enough Neil
Burgundy 69 912
Audi A4 1.8T sport avant
VW T25 magnum multivan